Selling firearm or shotgun

kingsy18

On the 2 occasions that I have sold guns privately,  I have met the buyer at a local shooting ground.  I have insisted that they have a photocopy of their Shotgun Certificate with them and I likewise take one of my Certificate. I then fill in the relevant details and give them a hand written receipt for the sale, and exchange the photocopies.

5 hours ago, Pushandpull said:

I think you have written incorrectly. As the vendor you will have filled in Table 2 of their original certificate, not a photocopy (as I am sure you did).

Yes.  The photocopy of his Certificate is in case, at a later date, there is any query. Likewise, his photocopy of my Certificate, is in case a similar thing occurs at his end.

On 28/07/2023 at 18:16, Westley said:

Yes.  The photocopy of his Certificate is in case, at a later date, there is any query. Likewise, his photocopy of my Certificate, is in case a similar thing occurs at his end.

As above.

I dropped a clanger years ago. I ended up with a chav and her dad at my house.He looked like a tramp and kept trying to knock off £150 off my asking price. 

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

As above.

I dropped a clanger years ago. I ended up with a chav and her dad at my house.He looked like a tramp and kept trying to knock off £150 off my asking price. 

I would only let someone come to my home address as a last resort, preferring instead to meet them at an agreed clay ground where they can 'try' the gun. If I don't like their appearance or suspect anything could be wrong, I would make some excuse not to sell them the gun.