CZ 452 sling swivel stud

30-6

I've done many searches but to no avail.

The screw for sling swivel on my CZ452 Style model ( nickel plated and plastic stock ) is loose and wanting to undo.

I emailed Sportsman Gun Centre who are now the importers to ask their advice. They said that there is a nut and bolt version for the front, but the rear will need to be re drilled with a bigger thread. They wouldn't commit themselves to suggest an adhesive.

Does anyone know where this nut bolt up grade is available ? Or an adhesive to suit ? And an oversized screw in  ?

I'm using at the moment 1 inch Uncle Mike's fittings.

image.png.810cdf9f9670a677ad04fe6421569c33.png

1 hour ago, 30-6 said:

Think I found them in Any Supplies.

Was your stock wood or plastic Steve b ?

Some plastics will not take to glue.

Ant Supplies - spelling 

It was 'plastic' (laminate), but I've not known anything, plastic or otherwise, that Araldite didn't work with.

Edited by steve_b_wales

Cheers Velocette, very kind offer.

I'll have a browse of Ant Supplies and the araldite route.

I have the same model in .22 or and .17 hmr. The stock bolts that connect to the action are in different positions on each gun. I don't know if there is a recess for the bolt option swivel attachment .

Although both 452's and model Style which is nickel plated with plastic stock, there is no model name on the .22, but the .17 is stamped American.

The Style is exactly the same as the Silhouette model which has blued metal rather than nickel.

14 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I had the same problem and fixed it by using Araldite glue around the thread and a small amount in the hole. It held it solid, despite me testing it!

I would have thought that any two part epoxy resin would do. Araldite being the most well known. I have previously bought ‘Wilko’s’ own brand for my Stickmaking and bottle openers which is less than half the price of Araldite and just as good, but sadly due to their recent problems with potential closure, they no longer have it in stock.

OB

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2023 at 07:41, Old Boggy said:

I would have thought that any two part epoxy resin would do. Araldite being the most well known. I have previously bought ‘Wilko’s’ own brand for my Stickmaking and bottle openers which is less than half the price of Araldite and just as good, but sadly due to their recent problems with potential closure, they no longer have it in stock.

OB

Lidl 2 part epoxy in a syringe applicator is very good as well - when it in stock 🙂