pump action shotgun

mossy835

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Ah right! Now we’re getting somewhere! I thought we were talking about shotguns but you’re talking about handguns! My apologies. 
No need to speak in cryptic hushed tones, quite legal to own ( subject to a minimum length with a permanently fixed arm brace ) in ANY county- yes, even ‘next door’ - in the UK as long as you can show ‘good reason’, which is target shooting as a member of a HO approved club. 

Not long barreled pistols as i belive you can only get semi auto in .22lr but i could be wrong. I m talking about things that would be section 5 normally but held on a S1 ticket. Still not the point, the point is untill there is a system in place that gives one set of rules and stops police forces and gun owner in some cases interpreting as the want we will alwas be in the OPs position were some one said such and such is banned / going to be banned or this is illegal thats illegal. How many people would know where to look to find out the law on using a shotgun near a road? 

It all needs to be in one set of rules/ law.

5 minutes ago, bluesj said:

How many people would know where to look to find out the law on using a shotgun near a road? 

Fair point re various interpretations by different constabularies. This is clearly a broken system in urgent need of repair (or redesign). I think most would acknowledge that. However firearms use near roads is covered by the 1980 Highways Act if anyone is interested (?). The section on firearms is very clear and unambiguous - worth a look. 

Hi Mossy 835 if your concerned about buying a pump action shot gun because you think they may be banned the same could be said about any type of shotguns. Not long ago in the USA shooters went out and bought semi auto.22s because of a similar tale. 
  There is one law regarding firearms all shooters should know the law as ignorance of the law is no excuse in a court. Any one out shooting should know the law about highways and footpaths, it’s been law for a long time.  . I think when applying or renewing licences questions like this and about firearms will be asked . We have no test regarding using shotguns/firearms in this country as in other countries.