RWC it's started 😁

Mice!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This bunker referral system's getting beyond a joke. Here's Romain Taofifenua battering a chap in the head with his forearm with driving force and only getting a yellow.

I know the player is low, but at no point has he even attempted to make a legal tackle or pull out, he's just clobbered him one. There really shouldn't be mitigating circumstances if you're not trying to do anything right. And yet Curry has to sit out a couple of games for having nowhere to go in a challenge. 

's

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

This bunker referral system's getting beyond a joke. Here's Romain Taofifenua battering a chap in the head with his forearm with driving force and only getting a yellow.

I know the player is low, but at no point has he even attempted to make a legal tackle or pull out, he's just clobbered him one. There really shouldn't be mitigating circumstances if you're not trying to do anything right. And yet Curry has to sit out a couple of games for having nowhere to go in a challenge. 

's

I only hot in on 48 minutes last night and wondered what was going on with the score, French 2nds but Uruguay did well.

How the tackle you've put up wasn't a straight red I'll never know, that is direct contact to the head, no arms wrapped, just a bad tackle. 

8 hours ago, millrace said:

Ahh but you miss he plays for the hosts. ...straight red all day,,,this is becoming a cop out for refs,,not what it was intended for!!

Well the yellow just got upgraded to red for NZ, for practically the same tackle, it didn't look bad, but there was clear head contact with the shoulder.

Some consistency would be nice.

OK I wasn't giving that game my full attention, but Portugal looked OK, some nice play when they speeded things up, but it was always going to be a Welsh win 

But how on earth have they red carded the Portuguese lad for jumping for the ball, I actually thought they were looking to see if he'd been taken on the air??

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

I thought we was very  average as for red his leg was not in a natural position and made contact  with head making it dangerous  

They said his foot was at an unnatural angle? He's ran forward,  jumped and turned, I can't see how he does that and decided to stick his foot out, to me Adams has ran into the player.

This game should be a better contest, sat down, beer ready and game on, but bonus point win is job done for Wales.

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

They said his foot was at an unnatural angle? He's ran forward,  jumped and turned, I can't see how he does that and decided to stick his foot out, to me Adams has ran into the player.

This game should be a better contest, sat down, beer ready and game on, but bonus point win is job done for Wales.

Don't know what you were seeing, but that red carded player collected the ball, put one foot on the ground and his other foot in the Welsh guy's face,,,, very unnatural position for his foot and deserved the red 😉

As for the Welsh team performance,,,, very poor with no direction or game plan. The Portuguese on the other hand, played very good rugby,,,, despite not being very good in the scrum 😆

This Ireland v Tonga game has started in a fantastic atmosphere in the stadium,,,, should be a cracker !!! 😃

8 minutes ago, JKD said:

This Ireland v Tonga game has started in a fantastic atmosphere in the stadium,,,, should be a cracker

It's like it's in fast forward,  players everywhere, very scrappy and stop start, what an atmosphere. 

I thought he was still in the air when Adams ran into his foot?

24 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

It's a shame the game's not delivered. It's so scrappy at the moment! Far too many handling errors from both teams.

I don't know, Ireland have started to put on a show, Tonga are physical and fast, but Ireland are matching them and playing much smarter rugby.

Tonga just look like they want to smash everything 😅😅

45 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I thought he was still in the air when Adams ran into his foot?

It was all about the unnatural position of his foot/leg,,,, despite Adams 'running into it" 🤦🤸🤭

16 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Yeah it's improved significantly since I posted that!

Yup, it sure did,,,, for the Irish mostly 🙂

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

And the referee is making good quick decisions which is great to see. 

Glad Tonga got that try, it was looking like another sin bin till the try. 

I'm expecting an even faster start to the second half 😅😅😅

Yeah, Tonga deserved their try 👍 Let's hope the game carries on like the end of the first half 🥳😁