Impact Revolution air leaking

countryman

I brought this new some years ago when impact took over the old Theoben site, it’s basically a Rapid air rifle, it’s dumping its air quite fast from the gauge, bottle area, I changed the little washer that goes on the thread end of the bottle but still the same, the bottle seems air tight, anything else I can try, I have never stripped down a PCP and I’ll probably have to take it to the gun shop to be sent off somewhere , it’s never had a leak before so maybe it’s time for a service, I think it’s just one seal somewhere that’s let go.

Thanks

chris

you can get some spares from  Bagnall & Kirkwood

Impact Airguns

You are here: Home >> Airgun Manufacturers >> Impact Airguns

Please find below spares for the Impact Airguns PCP range of air rifles; GSX100, GSX200, GSX600, GSX-T500

Please Note: These are the only spare parts currently available to us.

Available Spare Parts:

52 minutes ago, moondoggy said:

Contact ‘the logun-ator’ on the Airgun Forum. He services/tunes airguns at a very reasonable cost and uses postal services.

He is a member on here too.

I can certainly vouch for his abilities and reasonable costs.

• 3 weeks later...

It is possible it may be the gauge itself.  I have replaced three just recently where all have failed internally.  The pointer is operated by a coiled hollow spring called a Bourdon tube.  As the pressure increases the tube tries to straighten thus moving the pointer.  Unfortunately they also tend to be affected by moisture and corrode internally.  You can tell if it's the gauge as there is a tiny pinhole in the gauge casing open to atmosphere.  It's there to prevent a build up of internal pressure should the tube fail.  If air is coming out if that hole your gauge has failed and will need replacing.  The good news is they are really cheap from AliExpress.  They are usually 23mm diameter 1/8th BSPP thread.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msx2JRi

Edited by Biffo1262

On 07/11/2023 at 12:59, Biffo1262 said:

It is possible it may be the gauge itself.  I have replaced three just recently where all have failed internally.  The pointer is operated by a coiled hollow spring called a Bourdon tube.  As the pressure increases the tube tries to straighten thus moving the pointer.  Unfortunately they also tend to be affected by moisture and corrode internally.  You can tell if it's the gauge as there is a tiny pinhole in the gauge casing open to atmosphere.  It's there to prevent a build up of internal pressure should the tube fail.  If air is coming out if that hole your gauge has failed and will need replacing.  The good news is they are really cheap from AliExpress.  They are usually 23mm diameter 1/8th BSPP thread.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msx2JRi

Does sound like that area, Thanks

hello, or try impact gun spares, 01954 231518, or as you have the rifle a long time and if your going to keep maybe time for a full service, i had my MK 1 FX Vermy done by the Logunator , it did need some new parts but still a reasonable cost, where in hampshire are you ?? if you not wish to post there is Mike Collins in Bournmouth airguntune.co.uk

Edited by oldypigeonpopper