Vacuum packer

Lloyd90

got the Lidl one, wouldn't be without it, helps stop freezer burn, they were doing them again about two weeks ago £20 and the vacuum bag rolls, they sometimes turn up on Ebay.

rolls are much better and they come in different widths, just seal one end and then cut to the desired length.

Edited by old'un

44 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Anyone got one? 

Are they easy to use? 

Are the bags or rolls better? 

Any specific ones any good or just get the standard Amazon choice? 

Got all these burgers and sausages and want to store them well as have had venison get freezer burn in the past etc. 

Hi lloyd90 

I have used vacum packers for years. I have used the cheaper LIDL ones to good effect,  I have recently bought the SOUS VIDE professional vacum packer,  €150 delivered and my advice is  if you intend using a vacuum packer alot, buy this model,  it is the rolls Royce of vacum packer. I use vacuum packer ALOT for plucked  woodcock,  pheasants,  ducks,  cuts / joints of venison ,fish etc. You can buy the rolls in various sizes. Price around for them cause price varies alot,  they aren't near as cheap as a vacuum chamber bags, because they are embossed. If you look up BUTCHERS SUNDRIES they are good value for embossed vacum rolls.  LIDL too are good value,  but they only come in once or twice a year.

21 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Anyone got one? 

Are they easy to use? 

Are the bags or rolls better? 

Any specific ones any good or just get the standard Amazon choice? 

Got all these burgers and sausages and want to store them well as have had venison get freezer burn in the past etc. 

Yes, I have one - had it around 3 or 4 years.

Very easy to use.

I use both, but mainly rolls

I have only had one - and I have been very happy with the one I bought, but it's no longer available.

Excellent for burgers and meat in general.  Also good for 'batch cooked stews, curries etc.  Freeze in a silicone tray (like a giant individual icecube tray) and vac pack the frozen block.