TPS 28 WADS

Hi all as anyone out there got any idea where i can get some TPS 28 GUAGE STEEL WADS THEY ARE LIKE ROCKING HORSE S*IT. claygame hav nt had them for what seems like years and Ballistic Products wont do international shipping,can get all other wads so dont know what the problem is with these wads. Cheers.

On 14/12/2023 at 17:14, edenman said:

I know there is a move away from plastic wads etc but it wouldn’t be hard for clay and game to make plastic wads in the gauges that are really needed in 10g, 28g etc they would make a mint given how hard it is to source the above…

It’s the cost of the tooling and setting up. You would need to sell tens of thousands to get your investment back

On 12/12/2023 at 11:10, salmonrod said:

Hi all as anyone out there got any idea where i can get some TPS 28 GUAGE STEEL WADS THEY ARE LIKE ROCKING HORSE S*IT. claygame hav nt had them for what seems like years and Ballistic Products wont do international shipping,can get all other wads so dont know what the problem is with these wads. Cheers.

What load are trying to put together? Salmonrod?

6 hours ago, salmonrod said:

Hi i want to load steel and TSS 

I have a few TPS that I use to load TSS duplex. I can generally get hold of enough for my needs so if you’re after enough for a Box or 2 I maybe able to help you out.

If you’re loading steel for ducks, or even TSS I’d recommend looking at the Guilandi H41. I have 6 or so loads that I tested with LilGun, H110, and Lovex Do37.2 using that wad, TSS, steel and Mylar when appropriate. The H41 is the wad used in the original HeviShot loads and all BPI data before the TPS 28 came around. I completely understand that you may want to go your own way etc but the offer is there.

Bernard

Edited by Bernard
Bad England

49 minutes ago, salmonrod said:

Hi Bernard thats great would love some of them wads didn t know about them if you pm me i will sort the money out. Thank you very much.

I’ve just reread my post. I typed it out in a mad rush earlier. I meant to say I have a some TPS28 and I can sort you out with enough for a box or two if needed. A more reliable source might be a lad called Mark Watson in the TSS UK Facebook group. He gets batches in.

The other wad I was talking about is technically a lead wad. It needs care but I’ve been very successful with it and varying thickness Mylar wraps.

1 minute ago, Bernard said:

I’ve just reread my post. I typed it out in a mad rush earlier. I meant to say I have a some TPS28 and I can sort you out with enough for a box or two if needed. A more reliable source might be a lad called Mark Watson in the TSS UK Facebook group. He gets batches in.

The other wad I was talking about is technically a lead wad. It needs care but I’ve been very successful with it and varying thickness Mylar wraps.

The Guilandi H41 are in stock at clay and game:

https://www.claygame.co.uk/28ga-gualandi-wads-pd67

I’ve just seen this. I don’t have any notifications set up for threads and I’m hardly ever on PW. I get notifications for PM. Send me a message if you want to set something up.

4 minutes ago, Bernard said:

I’ve just seen this. I don’t have any notifications set up for threads and I’m hardly ever on PW. I get notifications for PM. Send me a message if you want to set something up.

Also here is tested data for a 21gram TSS load in a Guilandi H41 with a Mylar Wrap. Has 3/8” of fillers in the base. It’s in a Winchester HS case. I’d up the charge to 32grains in a Ched or Fiocchi and call it good. 

AB88774E-8A72-47F3-AA41-68D7764EB0F9.jpeg

Edited by Bernard

5 minutes ago, Bernard said:

Also here is tested data for a 21gram TSS load in a Guilandi H41 with a Mylar Wrap. Has 3/8” of fillers in the base. It’s in a Winchester HS case. I’d up the charge to 32grains in a Ched or Fiocchi and call it good. 

AB88774E-8A72-47F3-AA41-68D7764EB0F9.jpeg

I also have tested data for various duplex loads with no fillers in that wad. With a few different powder options.

Then the wall of the wad. Wad pinholed with large steel but did not get through the Mylar. I have recovered the Mylar as well. I’ll look for those photos. It was fired with 12mil Mylar. It’s thick and it’s used by hobby craft types to make stencils with a cricut machine. A search for cricut Mylar will yield results on Amazon.

You can see n the Mylar that where it was doubled up, the steel shot bridged and it creased the pressure causing run through of a single layer. I think there aren’t many who shoot steel 2s from a 28 bore like I do so the problem is unique. I have shared this data with many and they’re shooting 3s or 4s with no issues whatsoever. Needless to say the TSS is very well protected by the Mylar as seen in the phots

65ADEC49-FDDA-4672-BB8B-6F69B3618433.jpeg

78858040-7B6C-43ED-91F3-E2F5221A3FC5.jpeg

Tested data. By me. No fillers. LilGun, H110 and LovexDo37.2. The Lovex is very slightly over pressure and needs to be dropped by a grain. The speed is so good that it would be an excellent load at 27-28grains. H110 could go up to 30grains. There’s still room in the case. Or increase the payload by upping the TSS ratio.

When I tested I was using thinner Mylar. Not really sufficient for “big” steel though. 

5651DBDA-836F-413B-AE9C-32D127DCA988.jpeg

0B355D42-7295-4A20-B65B-E777E90AE4F3.jpeg

E5F4A74E-DE3D-46B8-A519-B34505CD4DB0.jpeg

Edited by Bernard

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2024 at 12:54, salmonrod said:

Hi Bernard in the LIL Gun load how do you think they would fare with number 4 or number 5 steel instead of number 2s. Thanks.

Completely fine to sub in smaller shot.

sorry for the slow response. I’m an infrequent visitor to PW.