My new toy

ditchman

36 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Agreed 👍

There was also an oven cooking method shown on a TV cooking programme. The chef was Indian 😄 So there appears to be many ways to cook rice 🥳😁

23 hours ago, ditchman said:

got my new toy yesterday ...a big George Foreman grill with flat or tilt function........

i will try it tomorrow ...i have 2 boned out chicken thighs that are marinadeing in a mix of greek yogurt ...rough ground tandorri spice...lemon zest lemon juice and a bit of oil extra crushed chilis and black pepper and a tad of maldon salt.....

so i will slap them in the grill ..skin up...(where have i heard that before)....with chopped onions sliced chilis and a flatterned out red sweet pepper

served with basmati rice and a cut lime         might be a total disaster ..............

Gordon Bennett, welcome to the 21st Century................:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, JKD said:

Put your required amount of rice in a saucepan of boiling water,,,, lid on, bring back to the boil,,,, turn off heat, leave for 9 or 10 minutes,,,, as simple as that 😉

Will give it a go, apologies Ditchy for wandering off topic.

6 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

dont do the vedge in the grill...produces too much steam..and i think cools down the grill...makes ita wet fry....do the vedge in a small fry pan

ive seen a reciepe which is wrapping an asparagus spear in parma ham and doing several of them in the grill.....rekon that would be nice with a sauce of sum sort with it

7 minutes ago, bruno22rf said: