Saddlery & Gunroom moderated o/u 20g

old'un

7 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Excellent company to deal with in my experience  .they have made one off special moderators for me in the past .

think they are having supply problems but he also said his main engineer had died, I presume its the guy who makes the moderators?

I was in the market for one of there investarms Hushpowers last year after having a go of one.

Found out there was supply issues with them and spare parts were hard to get hold of now. 

It was also mentioned that they were looking into another manufacturer of O/U to base there hushpowers on and they were in the proof stage......how true that is I dont know but that's what was floating around 

On 28/01/2024 at 10:35, old'un said:

I might be in the market for a moderated o/u 20g, went to Saddlery & Gunroom website and could not find anything on their Investarm Hushpower 20g O/U, also most other moderated guns are out of stock.

Are they still selling/making the Investarm Hushpower 20g O/U?….https://www.hushpower.co.uk/

Hi just read this. 

We use them with steel very effectively. 

I think you'd be better holding back for now. With lead and plastic wads going they'll be of no use. 

1 hour ago, mellors said:

Hi just read this. 

We use them with steel very effectively. 

I think you'd be better holding back for now. With lead and plastic wads going they'll be of no use. 

I might have missed what you are saying but you say you use them with steel very effectively but suggest I hold back as lead and plastic wads are being fazed out?

1 hour ago, old'un said:

I might have missed what you are saying but you say you use them with steel very effectively but suggest I hold back as lead and plastic wads are being fazed out?

Yes we do around sensitive areas horses etc. They work really well if you've got your back to them very little noise behind. 

I spoke to steve at hushpower some time ago there ok with plastic wads. 

But yes I'd hold back purchasing one till we know what is or is not happening with lead and wads. 

I have used 1 as my go to vermin gun for the last 5 years to save my dogs ears, shooting in a hide. Simply a brilliant tool but...... there is a learning curve it's like shooting a bazooka. You can literally hear the pellet strike on crows. Sub sonic ammo was £386 a thousand for 32g no5 subs from just carts. 

4 hours ago, mellors said:

Yes we do around sensitive areas horses etc. They work really well if you've got your back to them very little noise behind. 

I spoke to steve at hushpower some time ago there ok with plastic wads. 

But yes I'd hold back purchasing one till we know what is or is not happening with lead and wads. 

sorry it must be me, are you saying they can or cannot be used with steel shot?