Kofs

Fargo

Well spoke to importer and out of warranty but offered to try see if can get repaired but won’t bother as one gunsmith has already looked at it and said it’s scrap.

They offered me a new one to buy at retail price  but will buy something better next time like a Lincoln or Browning.

Edited by Fargo

8 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Well spoke to importer and out of warranty but offered to try see if can get repaired but won’t bother as one gunsmith has already looked at it and said it’s scrap.

They offered me a new one but will buy something better next time like a Lincoln or Browning.

Am I missing something - Why wouldn't you take them up on their offer?  Even if you've lost faith in the product, you'll get a repair/replacement, presumably at no cost to you? Not bad for an out-of-warranty budget gun.  You can always move it on/gift it to a young person.

4 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Am I missing something - Why wouldn't you take them up on their offer?  Even if you've lost faith in the product, you'll get a repair/replacement, presumably at no cost to you? Not bad for an out-of-warranty budget gun.  You can always move it on/gift it to a young person.

Won’t get a replacement .

Repair to a split alloy action … can only be done by weld and wouldn’t be a reliable repair. No mention was if repair would be foc or chargeable and as I got a very good gunsmith here who says don’t mess around with it and refused to get welded then I take his advice and scrap the rubbish

50 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Great minds think alike (but then fools seldom differ!!)

This gun is NOT out of warranty. If you bought it new from a Dealer?

Kofs warranty is 1 year and this is over that age sadly but a few months 

Edited by Fargo

11 hours ago, Fargo said:

Kofs warranty is 1 year and this is over that age sadly but a few months 

The warranty may have expired but your CONSUMER RIGHTS have not, your warranty is a drop in the ocean compared to the 2015 consumer rights act. The gun is clearly in breach of the law in so much as it has not "lasted a reasonable time" and possibly also broken the "fit for purpose" stipulation as well.As long as you have not caused the damage then the dealer is legally bound to repair or replace the gun - end of. Tell them you are returning the gun under the consumer rights act, they can ask you to prove that the gun has failed due to a manufacturing fault in which case you have to get a written report from a gunsmith stating that the gun was faulty - there will be a charge for this but as long as the report agrees with you then the dealer has to reimburse you for the cost. Don't let them fob you off, again, as long as you did not cause the damage they have no choice but to sort the problem out, should they refuse then you have to write to them and put them on notice that you are going to take them to court.

Edited by bruno22rf

13 hours ago, London Best said:

Doesn’t alter the fact that the gun is scrap.

That's not the owners problem though, that's purely down to whoever sold him the gun. If it cannot be repaired then legally they must repair/refund/replace the gun. Far too many people get hung up on warranty cop outs from dealers, check your rights - they are the most powerful in Europe. On top of that, if the owner paid by credit card then the card company are equally liable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2024 at 20:39, bruno22rf said:

That's not the owners problem though, that's purely down to whoever sold him the gun. If it cannot be repaired then legally they must repair/refund/replace the gun. Far too many people get hung up on warranty cop outs from dealers, check your rights - they are the most powerful in Europe. On top of that, if the owner paid by credit card then the card company are equally liable.

hes got a point. doesn't matter if its budget end stuff. nothing should catastrophically fail in just over 12 months from moderate and correct use. for what the gun is worth im suprised the shop and the manufacturer didnt just replace it. its worth what, £500 new and the shop wont pay that for it.

• 2 weeks later...

i have to say i dont think its fair to blanket kofs as bad guns, have had my 20 bore 5 years now and have probably sent 5000 32gr 5's through its absolutely no issues.
personally would have to agree with bruno22rf that you could probably threaten with legal action and quite easily win providing you can get written approvely from multiple gunsmiths that it was a manufacturing fault