Is it just me ?

Bigbob

Is it just me every time i go to a café or restaurant there's somebody who feels the whole place must here there business so shouts it out ?. Happened without fail again today sitting at a open air inside café next table single old guy fine no problem till his mate comes threw the centre leans on the barrier and they start remising about there youth bloke on the banister must of thought the other guy was deaf all the blooming shouting he was doing .

15 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Is it just me every time i go to a café or restaurant there's somebody who feels the whole place must here there business so shouts it out ?. Happened without fail again today sitting at a open air inside café next table single old guy fine no problem till his mate comes threw the centre leans on the barrier and they start remising about there youth bloke on the banister must of thought the other guy was deaf all the blooming shouting he was doing .

Yep, some folk are just plain loud. However, if anyone, it is more likely that the chap doing the shouting is the one who could be deaf and is shouting to hear himself. A terrible affliction is deafness and with no obvious  outward sign of the condition people can easily get the wrong idea.

2 hours ago, wymberley said:

Yep, some folk are just plain loud. However, if anyone, it is more likely that the chap doing the shouting is the one who could be deaf and is shouting to hear himself. A terrible affliction is deafness and with no obvious  outward sign of the condition people can easily get the wrong idea.

That’s very true. You should hear my sister, who insists she is not even slightly deaf.

The one that annoys me the most it's the latest trend when making a phone call on a mobile phone by putting it on speaker and holding it 2 inches front of their face and shouting at the phone. So everyone gets to hear the whole telephone conversation