Smoothest springer

oowee

I'm going to say airarms prosport out of the springers I've shot. I've owned weihrauchs, theoben slr (gas strut), bsas and a few more, I recently acquired a pro sport and while there's obviously still recoil, it's super smooth with a lovely trigger, it was absolutely mint and I'm assuming someone has done a bit of tuning as I've owned a tuned hw97 and a tx200, but it's even smoother and a beautiful trigger to.

On 15/02/2024 at 11:09, oowee said:

If I were to buy the smoothest springer / gas ram sub 12 what would it be? Is there a recoiless hunting rifle (not pcn)? 

@oowee If you want a smooth springer buy a professionally tuned HW in the flavour you like, end of discussion really!

I own an HW80 that is tuned to perfection and great for 40m vermin control but heavy, I also use an out of the box light as a feather HW30 that is so smooth and quiet it is a joy to use but at 7.5fpe it is a 20m maximum head shot vermin gun at best.

So really it is down to the ranges you are shooting, the HW30 works well if all you need is to shoot squirrels from the base of a tree👍

IMG_8594.jpeg.eb3aa28f9135d30906ab562ea627de54.jpeg

Edited by Goldfish

I've just picked up a 20 year old mk1 bsa lightening  .it's in excellent  external condition , and looks to have been worked on internally . It's running at around 9.5 fpe with jsb rs .177  .and is so smooth to cock and shoot its amazing .I thought it may have been a gas ram conversion at first but no,  I found the spring OK.  Accuracy is excellent out to 35 yds  with most pellets tried ,  it doesn't seem overly fussy but definitely  preferes the lighter offerings . It just goes to confirm my statement above that if you find an older well run in gun that's in harmony it will be a joy to shoot  .

I used to have a hw 30 that gun was easily the most accurate springer I've ever shot .but only to 30 yds or so when the power dropped off a bit too much .

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/02/2024 at 07:46, Goldfish said:

@oowee If you want a smooth springer buy a professionally tuned HW in the flavour you like, end of discussion really!

I own an HW80 that is tuned to perfection and great for 40m vermin control but heavy, I also use an out of the box light as a feather HW30 that is so smooth and quiet it is a joy to use but at 7.5fpe it is a 20m maximum head shot vermin gun at best.

So really it is down to the ranges you are shooting, the HW30 works well if all you need is to shoot squirrels from the base of a tree👍

IMG_8594.jpeg.eb3aa28f9135d30906ab562ea627de54.jpeg

Is that the one that’s a junior rifle and runs about 6 ft / lb?