B. Rizzini reliability?

Gungoesbang

Looking at a B rizzini em which is their round body game gun. I find it feels best of all the similar priced game guns and looks great, but wondering about mechanicals. The gun shop informed me their mechanicals are as good as any and will outlast me, but there isn’t much info online. Seems to be built on a very similar action as a beretta or any Italian gun really, but I notice a strange button on the action face I’ve never seen before - not sure what that does.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

When the gun is closed, the barrels make contact with the "button" on the action face and this releases the bottom bolt, locking the barrels to the action.

I see - is this a common way of doing it? It’s just I’ve never seen a gun with this on the action face before. 

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

When the gun is closed, the barrels make contact with the "button" on the action face and this releases the bottom bolt, locking the barrels to the action.

In the case of `hold open top levers` which I think all B. Rizzinis are, then the button can be pressed holding the top lever and carefully releasing it back to the central position. This should be done when putting the broken gun back into its motor case.

OB

I've got an RB B.Rizzini 28 gauge it's a fab gun, my friends a gunsmith and he really rates the internals being quality made and superior in design so you won't go wrong with one !

Several mates own them too and all are first class guns no problems with any and we've got 12s 20s and 28 bores between us all, all round bodies too

On 26/02/2024 at 22:13, blasterjudd said:

I've got an RB B.Rizzini 28 gauge it's a fab gun, my friends a gunsmith and he really rates the internals being quality made and superior in design so you won't go wrong with one !

Several mates own them too and all are first class guns no problems with any and we've got 12s 20s and 28 bores between us all, all round bodies too

I have had several 20 bore MacNab Highlanders over the years. These are made by B.Rizzini and are thoroughly reliable and a joy to both own and shoot. Sadly my budget doesn’t run to a B. Rizzini EM round action, but if it did, I would buy one (in 20 bore) in an instant.

OB