Kung Po chicken

Lloyd90

1 hour ago, London Best said:

He likely wants to eat it, not look at the pretty colours and admire the artistic Masterchef BS presentation.

Personally I don't watch this "Masterchef" so you will have to explain that remark, adding peppers etc does far more than bring colour but ,frankly, I cannot be bothered to educate you.

14 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Personally I don't watch this "Masterchef" so you will have to explain that remark, adding peppers etc does far more than bring colour but ,frankly, I cannot be bothered to educate you.

My Mrs. watches Masterchef. It irritates me the way they faff on arranging food artistically and making it look pretty.  So unnecessary.

I agree peppers do bring more than colour.

37 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Let's have the recipe, Lloyd. :good:

Steve try this.

One jar of Sharwoods Kung Po sauce, good hand full of finely chop onion, whole cucumber sliced on mandolin, about 2mm thick, half a teaspoon of garlic and ginger paste (comes in squeezy tube) corn flour to thicken.

Cut meat into bite size pieces (we use chicken) put peanut oil in woke and get it almost smoking, put chicken in and cover woke (stops oil covering hob) cook for about 2 mins turning chicken as you go, then put chopped onion in stir fry for 2 min then add sliced cucumber, garlic and ginger, stir fry 2 min then add the Kung Po sauce, stir fry and heat for another 2 or 3 min, we like our cucumber al-dente.

Tip, we use the whole jar as we like plenty of sauce but you do get a little water from the cucumber so I use some corn flour to thicken to our liking, serve with noddles, rice or chips, we like chips. :)

4 minutes ago, old'un said:

Steve try this.

One jar of Sharwoods Kung Po sauce, good hand full of finely chop onion, whole cucumber sliced on mandolin, about 2mm thick, half a teaspoon of garlic and ginger paste (comes in squeezy tube) corn flour to thicken.

Cut meat into bite size pieces (we use chicken) put peanut oil in woke and get it almost smoking, put chicken in and cover woke (stops oil covering hob) cook for about 2 mins turning chicken as you go, then put chopped onion in stir fry for 2 min then add sliced cucumber, garlic and ginger, stir fry 2 min then add the Kung Po sauce, stir fry and heat for another 2 or 3 min, we like our cucumber al-dente.

Tip, we use the whole jar as we like plenty of sauce but you do get a little water from the cucumber so I use some corn flour to thicken to our liking, serve with noddles, rice or chips, we like chips. :)

I will do. Thanks for the recipe. 

5 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Looks a bit dull may I say? Maybe Spring Onions and small pieces of red/green bell peppers would add to the dish?

I had planned that but we ate them earlier in the weekend and I couldn’t be bothered to go to the shops again! 

3 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Let's have the recipe, Lloyd. :good:

I did cheat and use the jar posted above Steve. 

Browned off the chicken, added ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper. 

I would have added spring onions, peppers, mange tout, mini sweetcorn, etc, but ran out and was in a rush so couldn’t nip to the shops. 

I then added ready to wok noodles. 

Simmer for a few minutes and job done. 

I had about 20 mins to knock to up and managed it. 

I don’t normally like using stuff from a jar but must say it was very tasty considering. 

37 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I had planned that but we ate them earlier in the weekend and I couldn’t be bothered to go to the shops again! 

🤣🤣🤣

I did cheat and use the jar posted above Steve. 

Browned off the chicken, added ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper. 

I would have added spring onions, peppers, mange tout, mini sweetcorn, etc, but ran out and was in a rush so couldn’t nip to the shops. 

I then added ready to wok noodles. 

Simmer for a few minutes and job done. 

I had about 20 mins to knock to up and managed it. 

I don’t normally like using stuff from a jar but must say it was very tasty considering. 

:good:

6 hours ago, London Best said:

My Mrs. watches Masterchef. It irritates me the way they faff on arranging food artistically and making it look pretty.  So unnecessary.

I agree peppers do bring more than colour.

Apologies for my harsh reply - it was undeserved and unwarranted.