This boils my P** Bulgarian gang steal millions of £s from the DWP , Our Tax Money , That money would of helped a lot of people in UK ??

8 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

How is it paid too early?

They are forever changing state pension date?

When is yours due?

Many moons ago when I started working I was supposed to get my srp when I was 65.

I know have to wait an extra year and 3 months.

What age would you suggest it should be paid at 🤷🏻‍♂️

First we should decide what it is for. Maybe, subsistence or comfort? Then decide what we can afford. If people are living a lot longer and there are a lot more of them with a smaller population paying for them then something has to give. I don't know the answer but buying votes by paying unaffordable  is certainly unsustainable. 

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Massively cut beuracratic process, shrink government institutions, get rid of the echr, lower taxation to improve growth, stop fraudulent benefits, build lots of prison space but cut back on so called rehabilitation and other nonsensical wastes of money, warehouse repeat offenders cheaply. Restart apprenticeships and force large companies to train up UK citizens instead of importing cheap migrant labour. Stop illegal immigration by returning them to France the moment they arrive. Create a 2 their NHS, those that have contributed get a much better service than those who refuse to work. 

What stops this very basic and common sense type answers are the same people who refuse to implement the common sense solutions to stop illegal immigration, they harp on about human rights, while forcing UK citizens into a life of virtual slave labour, where they are forced to pay into a system that they and their children will never see the benefit of and live in relative poverty, while the elites of society who have caused it and see the financial benefits from it, pat each other on the back and congratulate themselves on how virtuous they are.

I can understand a desire for that approach but removing civil rights, lowering standards and the use of force is the way of authoritarian government. A basic (Obama care style) NHS geared to keeping people in work, would have benefits. The additional service paid for by ourselves. Nothing for pensioners other than that which will reduce the cost of maintenance for the state. 

Cut the state yes. Start with the lords the monarchy and rethink the taxation system. 

With immigration a simple statement of what we want in the UK to support the country. A clear process of how you apply and a mechanism for refugees would be a huge step forward. Support for integration and employment. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, oowee said:

First we should decide what it is for. Maybe, subsistence or comfort? Then decide what we can afford. If people are living a lot longer and there are a lot more of them with a smaller population paying for them then something has to give. I don't know the answer but buying votes by paying unaffordable  is certainly unsustainable. 

I can understand a desire for that approach but removing civil rights, lowering standards and the use of force is the way of authoritarian government. A basic (Obama care style) NHS geared to keeping people in work, would have benefits. The additional service paid for by ourselves. Nothing for pensioners other than that which will reduce the cost of maintenance for the state. 

Cut the state yes. Start with the lords the monarchy and rethink the taxation system. 

With immigration a simple statement of what we want in the UK to support the country. A clear process of how you apply and a mechanism for refugees would be a huge step forward. Support for integration and employment. 

Im not a mean spirited person and I don't believe the average Brit is either, but we can't look after the whole world and we're not responsible for it either. I would say a government that looks after the interests of a privileged few and those who contribute less than nothing to society before its own citizens is far worse, which is exactly what's happening now. 

Pensioners should be protected, they have built what we have today and I think it is rightly each generations responsibility to look after those who have contributed most of their life and now deserve their time before it's up.they should certainly be looked after before those arriving on our beaches who have yet to contribute anything.

I think the people of this country have been very clear with what they want and even clearer on what they don't. Our political class refuse to deliver it.

The situation over tax pensions benjfits etc. will get worse as more things go online and employment requirements due to the lack of home grown products dries up. We have seen how criminals can fleece the system, how is it done? Is our civil service DWP etc on the ball as we keep hearing of scams of our genourosity almost weekly. We have health care free at point of contact unlike other nations and is paid for by taxation. Go to France pay to see a doctor unless you work for French company (free) basic care for others unless you have insurance it works Dole 2 yrs total employers fined if employing non French nationals no free hsng handouts they come here for that. Pensions here (state) are contributary based NI from company and worker and should be honoured and not be used in general taxation. As said we have no industry in GB to make and export our goods we cannot survive on imports

On 13/04/2024 at 20:36, oowee said:

So whats the answer?

Imagine in a right wing wet dream we were able to send every illegal migrant back to where ever they had come from. We are still faced with a shortage of workers. We have a population imbalance. Too many old people paid too much pension. Pension paid too early, a health care system we cannot afford. A military on it's knees an inadequate education system. 

Somewhere we need to get more workers or cut services or generate significantly more income. It's not going to happen from reducing migration. 

No, we need incentives to increase the birthrate of the indigenous population.

20 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Sadly I think there is little call for this. Many seem to want to recreate the very place they have "fled" from. Demands for Sharia law show how well some have integrated.

Indeed.

On 13/04/2024 at 20:49, oowee said:

So no ideas then? 

That's the nail on the head. We are all too quick to blame anyone and everything rather than ourselves whilst at the same time we are incapable of taking the steps needed to tackle the fundamental issues. Meanwhile Russia stokes the flames of discontent. 

Plenty of ideas around, the problem lies with the greedy, ineffectual politicos of all useless parties that abound here. 

Personally not sure where they are trying to push us but know full well they don't have our welfare and wellbeing in mind ever, just some hidden agenda that benefits them?