Lasagne Al Forno

Gameking

11 hours ago, oowee said:

That's more like it, proper food. Lashings of olive oil on that salad and a helping of spinach and garlic for me.  Valpolicella  to wash it down Yum. 

I put sea salt and white pepper on the tomatoes and leave for a while whilst dishing up, then put olive oil on the salad and tip the tomatoes on top ...................and toss 🤭

47 minutes ago, London Best said:

Yuk! Hate the stuff. And mayonnaise!

i bet you mum said ..."he's a difficult child"

london best...........im doing something today for lunch which is specially for you....nice and plain and simple....nuffin foreign

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

i bet you mum said ..."he's a difficult child"

Actually, no.  
At home we never had oil on our salad, nor salad cream. 
Honestly, I don’t believe my parents could afford such stuff.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Actually, no.  

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Actually, no.  

When I was a kid, olive oil was bought from the chemist in a tiny bottle and put on cotton wool, stuffed into your earhole, for earache !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many different Oils you can put on salad to lift them - plain Olive Oil is just a start, Olive Oil and decent balsamic vinegar is superb but then lemon juice in oil is also a game changer. Problem is that even budget Olive Oil is expensive nowadays so you might be better off sampling some of the Supermarket Salad dressings before spending decent money on good oil - Aldi used to do a Balsamic Vinegar Salad dressing that was outstanding but the recipe has changed and it is no longer as good - but still worth a try, add a teaspoon of sugar and balsamic vinegar dressing and you're about there.  

7 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

So many different Oils you can put on salad to lift them - plain Olive Oil is just a start, Olive Oil and decent balsamic vinegar is superb but then lemon juice in oil is also a game changer. Problem is that even budget Olive Oil is expensive nowadays so you might be better off sampling some of the Supermarket Salad dressings before spending decent money on good oil - Aldi used to do a Balsamic Vinegar Salad dressing that was outstanding but the recipe has changed and it is no longer as good - but still worth a try, add a teaspoon of sugar and balsamic vinegar dressing and you're about there.  

I'm told you can use good quality rape seed oil.  I've not tried in myself (despite having rape seed oil in the house).  However, a poor harvest forecast for this year suggests that UK grown (I use Cotswold oil) will be a lot more expensive going forwards.