Woodburning Stoves

Vince Green

Wakefield Council has issued the first fine (£175) to the owner of a Woodburner for producing visible smoke. Thin end of the wedge this one.

Down here in Cornwall ever other house in some parts has a stove and in the winter virtually every pub has a log fire.

Labour has a policy of achieving net zero and Ed Milliband has already cancelled all the new oil exploration permits in the north sea 

42 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Wakefield Council has issued the first fine (£175) to the owner of a Woodburner for producing visible smoke. Thin end of the wedge this one.

Down here in Cornwall ever other house in some parts has a stove and in the winter virtually every pub has a log fire.

Labour has a policy of achieving net zero and Ed Milliband has already cancelled all the new oil exploration permits in the north sea 

i'm under Wakefield and got reported a couple of years since.

got a letter,rung them up,tried to explain that EVERY wood/multi fuel burner will produce smoke (no matter how compliant it is) EVERY time it is stoked/re-fuelled.

the woman i spoke to knew the score,asked me EXACTLY what i burnt and i never heard another thing.

All new burners are now restricted so you can't slumber them, which can produce more emissions. As long as you burn decent dry wood then you shouldn't have issues. You need to have a good supply of wood as they are quite hungry and if you have to buy it in then it gets expensive.

13 hours ago, Vince Green said:

A quick look and it appears Wakefield is in a smoke control zone? The laws have been around since the 1950s and 60s.