bullying from lecturers at college,

flash

the situation.

my tutor and also lecturer at college is constantly making direct verbal attacks at me. always in front of the class. and always very personal.

im considering reporting her to people higher up. whats the best way to go about it, never had to do before.

i was originally going to tell her first that im reporting her, but shes the kind of person who would try and get in first to get me in the ****.

just wondering what you guys would do in this situation.

cheers

flash

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest raymond1
the situation.

my tutor and also lecturer at college is constantly making direct verbal attacks at me. always in front of the class. and always very personal.

im considering reporting her to people higher up. whats the best way to go about it, never had to do before.

i was originally going to tell her first that im reporting her, but shes the kind of person who would try and get in first to get me in the ****.

just wondering what you guys would do in this situation.

cheers

flash

i have a theory about reporting higher levels of authority and it goes like this ,.........if your going to fling the smelly stuff ,........go to the top and drop it ,........that way it can only come down and every one sees it ,............keep your mouth shut and report the situation

taking the **** out of my weight. when its mates i know its friendly banter, but the way she says it infront of the class, for affect i guess, or to make her look tough infron of them. things like that.

singeling me out of the class for punishments, when marking assignments etc.

and death from below, shes more of a man then most men, so even if she offered i would rather turn gay

flash

i have a theory about reporting higher levels of authority and it goes like this ,.........if your going to fling sh-t ,........go to the top and drop it ,........that way it can only come down and every one sees it ,............keep your mouth shut and report the situation

that was my feeling on the situation. and prob the way ill take it.

Rather than get views on here your best getting some opinions from classmates and see if they come to the same conclusion .

Your Teacher will defend her actions but faced against several witnesses she won't have a leg to stand on .

i have dont this, and they all agree with me, with a few others fed up with her taking the **** out of them.

another student and u can deal with it there and then, as ive learnt from school days, but with a lecturer what can u say. anything you say back that offends them is gonna be dealt with as if they never said anything to intice it.

taking the **** out of my weight. when its mates i know its friendly banter, but the way she says it infront of the class, for affect i guess, or to make her look tough infron of them. things like that.

singeling me out of the class for punishments, when marking assignments etc.

and death from below, shes more of a man then most men, so even if she offered i would rather turn gay

Why dont you take a tape recorder and get evidence.

What type of college is it?

record it on a mobile phone, and take it to the dean of the college. tell him/her that it is relentless (it must be if you are bringing it on here) and that you cannot put up with it any longer.

but yes, get in there first.

One of my teachers (going back 16 years here) bullied me because my father was RAF, she didnt agree with the forces having a base in the local area and she treated me very poorly. Mrs peters, the miserable bitch!

Flash, my approach would be to have a chat with her. Ask to meet after class and be honest with her. Explain you don't think her behavior is appropriate, you don't like it and request it stops. If she has any sense this will be enough. Make a record of the conversation and if problems persist take it further. It would be better for all if it stops without the need for this - she is still your tutor after all.

hunting, shooting fishing.

what u mean by lifestyle. if u mean hows my life. we i lost my mu, on the 6th of march to cancer.

dads a wing commander in the RAF.

Lifestyle like what you do but not supposed to do if you get what I mean.

Sorry to hear about ya ma

Sit wherever you want, if she says move to the front just say you want to stay their(get recording). Dont say anything harsh to her and be polite, and if she sends you to the master let him hear the evidence.

Tell her that just because she fell out of the ugly tree it's not fair to take it out on you! *** for tat; see how she likes it! I'm joking, really.

BUT,

is it you being a complete ****hole in the first place.

Teaching ain't easy! I was one for 42 years! (but enjoyed every minute - well, nearly.)

FC

sorry to hear about this.......

a few hints/suggestions .....

1 your college will almost certainly have a code of conduct and anti discrimination/bulllying policies and they will be accessable on the web, handbook or by request

2 Diary everything in detail as soon as it happens

3 after a week of diarying....tell her what you find offensive in a nice way but so she realises you mean it and ask her to stop.

4 keep diarying for another week

5 ask your classmates what they experience or witness and get a feel for if they see it or experience it, if you can find out who will support you and confirm what is written in your diary

6 now using the details from hint 1 above find out what the proceedure is to follow this up

7 use the proceedure if there is one ..... if not then go to the top man/woman

8 keep diarying

9 if you want .... come back on here or PM me for a discrete chat

Try and think positive..... good luck

MS

So you and your mates 'mess around'!

This shines a different light on matters. Like I said, teaching is not easy. She's not a target to destroy and cast into the hedge like a dead squirrel; she's a human being fighting to keep alive. If she fights dirty like you lot, you folk are the first to shout 'foul'.

Ya'll get your act together and work at what you should be doing - she teaching, you, learning.

If you lose your licence through threatening or intimidating behaviour, it's curtains for your hobby.

Take her clayshooting!

FC