parrot in the garden

jimdfish

i told you a while ago a parrot flew into my window.Well its back. this waspost-1129-1196180948.jpg taken the other day

Thats a ring necked parakeet, there very common in the south east, for example, surrey, heathrow, staines, middlesex, windsor, edgware, barnet, harrow are all places i have seen them.

Lots of storys where they came from but i heard it was during filming at shepperton studios many years back and now there spreading and becoming problems.

My 3 year old has recently developed a panchant for all things green, seemingly brought on by a heavy cold and his realisation he can insert his entire finger the whole way up his nose. Anyhows, having witnessed said feat, I now will not consider eating anything that either is or comes from an animal and which is bright green.

Parakeets don't have the red flash on the wing IIRC, and it does sound a bit big.

My parents get about 20 of the ******* at a time in their garden, nice at first but very annoying after a while.

Hopefully it is an escaped parrot.

You need the FM's (Ferret Master and/or Fisherman Mike) to confirm.

It definitly ISN'T a buzzard this time though (old PW 'joke')

Parakeet:

parak1.jpg

" im going to catche that horse/parrot if i can"

JDF

If your serious about catching it? I would get the thickest pair of welding gloves available. As these bird do not mess around when thy bite, our Mealy breaks Brazil nuts with its beak.

BTW it is worth about £500 if it is a Mealy.

Chainmail gauntlets :good:

It is a parrot that has ceased to be.......an ex-parrot