How stable are shotgun cartridges????????????

Cheers.I just wondered as sometimes i hate loading loads into one pocket in case one went off.

I have a new question but instead of starting a new topic i will just ask it here.How to you pay the £50 to the poilice,cash or cheque or does it not matter.If you do get refused for whatever reason do you get your money back?

When dealing with the police always, always keep a photo copy of everything.

After all, you will be dealing with pen pushers in departments, and filing systems can be fallible.

Start your own file on matters appertaining to your own firearms/shoots/shooting (copy permits etc), and you can't go far wrong.

I have been there.....

Don

Can you read or what.

It tells you all that you need to know on your application forms just fill it in and return to the stated address along with your signed Photos and money. PROVIDING YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY RESENT CRIMINAL HISTORY OR MENTAL PROBLEMS ALL SHOULD BE FINE.

Sundodger :blush:

Guest The Outlaw

I however find them very unstable.

I put 25 on their firing cap ends on the dash board of my van and went around the corner and they all fell over.

If you put a box in your pocket and give it a shake though the lead in them makes them all go caps up.

Quite handy once you have picked them all up from the floor of my van.

Tony

How stable are shotgun cartridges?Is it the gun and gun only that can set them of or could dropping or rougth handling lead to an accident.I realise it is the percusion that sets the grains of powder of.I have dropped before and nothing has happened.

You ask some strange questions purdey,how old are you?

I however find them very unstable.

I put 25 on their firing cap ends on the dash board of my van and went around the corner and they all fell over.

If you put a box in your pocket and give it a shake though the lead in them makes them all go caps up.

Quite handy once you have picked them all up from the floor of my van.

Tony

:blush::blush:

I believe that unless they are contained in a restricted area of space IE, a gun breech, or a metal sealed container then there is no danger at all,if a loose cartridge does go off then it just pops and fizzes and the lead just pours out off the front of the cartridges, bullets are a different thing in the way they are fired, When I was a young kid in the 1950,s a gang of us were trying to make fireworks by emptying out ex WDept rifle bullets and using the powder to mix with saltpeter and other stuff.one of the older kids got a .22 rifle bullet, wedged it in the door frame of the garden shed and hit it with a nail, struck by a hammer!. he thought the bullet head would go into the shed into the rubbish inside. BAD MISTAKE! on firing the copper case came back at him struck him under his nose broke two or three teeth and exited the side of his cheek ig a gash about 2" long.He collapsed in shock ,the rest of us younger kids ran off in panic, convinced he was dead!some ran to tell his Mum and a ambulance carted him off to hospial, He lived of course , but I still think now and then of how lucky? he was, it could of blinded,or killed him, Just for not thinking of his actions, Cheers.

Guest The Outlaw
I believe that unless they are contained in a restricted area of space IE, a gun breech, or a metal sealed container then there is no danger at all,if a loose cartridge does go off then it just pops and fizzes and the lead just pours out off the front of the cartridges, bullets are a different thing in the way they are fired, When I was a young kid in the 1950,s a gang of us were trying to make fireworks by emptying out ex WDept rifle bullets and using the powder to mix with saltpeter and other stuff.one of the older kids got a .22 rifle bullet, wedged it in the door frame of the garden shed and hit it with a nail, struck by a hammer!. he thought the bullet head would go into the shed into the rubbish inside. BAD MISTAKE! on firing the copper case came back at him struck him under his nose broke two or three teeth and exited the side of his cheek ig a gash about 2" long.He collapsed in shock ,the rest of us younger kids ran off in panic, convinced he was dead!some ran to tell his Mum and a ambulance carted him off to hospial, He lived of course , but I still think now and then of how lucky? he was, it could of blinded,or killed him, Just for not thinking of his actions, Cheers.

Good post mate you are sooo right on the danger of shell in an unconfined space.

They are quite harmless because the powder/flake is quite slow burning.

I hope the rest of you posts puts younger people off playing with other sorts of ammo.

Tony