Johnny Cash.

vole

And soulful.
No, manufactured.

How so?

False, nauseating, unnatural, contrived, cheesy. But then I like Ruby Murray.

Funny that. Johnny Cash's voice is none of the things you list and Ruby Murray's is most of them.

As Johnny Cash's singing voice is very much like his speaking voice, it can't really be described as false, contrived or unnatural.

And soulful.
No, manufactured.

How so?

Funny that. Johnny Cash's voice is none of the things you list and Ruby Murray's is most of them.

As Johnny Cash's singing voice is very much like his speaking voice, it can't really be described as false, contrived or unnatural.

Just jesting! Ruby Murray? I don't know how she got away with it, the same as JC I suppose. Some like him others don't.

I like some country music, as long as it's not too "Nashvillized", but I've never really taken to JC. My Mother used to think he was a wonderful singer, but didn't do it for me. I thought he was a bit of a tortured soul/drama queen, in the same way that Bob Dylan and Neil Diamond are, always wittering on about how life was a biatch and other self-flagellating **** :lol::good: :good: :no:

I thought Walk The Line was a watchable film though, but it didn't make me sympathise with him, I just saw him as a wife-beating pisshead junkie :lol:

I went off him a bit when he was sucking up to all the rapists and murderers in his San Quentin phase :lol: Now that was

nauseating :lol:

And soulful.
No, manufactured.

How so?

Just jesting! Ruby Murray? I don't know how she got away with it, dsame as JC I suppose. Some like him others don't.

Oi, whats wrong with Ruby Murray - whenever my dad heard her songs he went all misty eyed

Well, it was either her voice or the the fact that he had got to the bottom of the whisky bottle :lol: :lol:

Don

Good vid on youtube by the lads from 3 Para using this tune.

I know a couple of the guys in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thSoAqyXTwQ

ZB

my god when did are boys start looking so young .some of them must just be just out of their teens .if not still in them .being a mum of two sons i pray that i will never have to wave my boys off to fight a war that should never have happen . if there is a god up .bless them all .and please keep them safe

suzy