Ahhh somone nicking the lead!!!

myuserid

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Outlaw

I cant speak for him but I would sit tight in case they came back at a later date.

If he is on his own and no other places near him, it would be obvious he called the police and if they didnt catch them they

could come back and do worse than nick the lead.

Thats what I would have done but I dont know the layout and his circumstances.

Improve security, replace the lead with a lead substitute and put signs up hoping they can read,

saying "lead free lead on these roofs" or something like that

Tony

Its 12:10 and I can hear someone in the chicken farm next to the garden banging away at the lead around the extractor fans!!

I have a sneaking suspension they are nicking the lead!

Crapping myself to be quite honest :blush:

no offence i know its scary to be robbed i see a lot of people as i fit alarms and cctv but please tell me you at least phoned the police(for what there worth).

that lead free flashing seems to be the answer

I'm in the middle of the countryside, no houses anywhere near me on my own for the next few weeks. Just me and a chicken farm full of small chic’s, so it would be obvious that I had called the police. I sat tight as Tony said as there have been a few nasty encounters with knives around this area.

The local CCTV man is coming round tomorrow to reconnect the CCTV system up and add a few extra cameras to cover the barns and outbuildings.

I'm thinking about converting the barns into offices and apartments within the next few years so its not worth ripping it all out and replacing at the moment.

Thanks for your advice especially Tony for looking out for me last night :blush:

Will let you know if they are back tonight, by the way they stripped one chicken building and a third down the other, there are a few guys staying there overnight anyway, so shouldn’t be back for a while…….hopefully.

Guest The Outlaw

No need for the thanks it is what anyone on here would have done.

I also am happy the same would have been done for Jane if she needed you guys.

Birds of a feather and all that.

Tony

I'm in the middle of the countryside, no houses anywhere near me on my own for the next few weeks. Just me and a chicken farm full of small chic’s, so it would be obvious that I had called the police. I sat tight as Tony said as there have been a few nasty encounters with knives around this area.

The local CCTV man is coming round tomorrow to reconnect the CCTV system up and add a few extra cameras to cover the barns and outbuildings.

I'm thinking about converting the barns into offices and apartments within the next few years so its not worth ripping it all out and replacing at the moment.

Thanks for your advice especially Tony for looking out for me last night :good:

Will let you know if they are back tonight, by the way they stripped one chicken building and a third down the other, there are a few guys staying there overnight anyway, so shouldn’t be back for a while…….hopefully.

How much lead do you have up there?

Jonno

Jonno

Why are you going to hunt me down and nick the lead?

No, I dont really know how much there is in weight, but I do know there is a hell of a lot. There are 3 barns and 11 outbuildings, the outbuildings are doubled/triple garage size.

There has to be a few tonne at least hasn’t there?

No, I dont really know how much there is in weight, but I do know there is a hell of a lot. There are 3 barns and 11 outbuildings, the outbuildings are doubled/triple garage size.

the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger spring to mind here. :good::big_boss:

could you not paint over it with that anti theft gear,that dont come of.

Jonno

Why are you going to hunt me down and nick the lead?

No thanks. Got plenty

I can't get my head around this one I really can't

Seems very strange behaviour to sit at a pc and tell the world wide web that someone is nicking lead from a chicken roof for 3 hours. Your scared but you don't ring the police? You sat tight because there has been a few(more than two) nasty encounters with knives

Some guys are staying tonight and the scallys shouldn't be back for a while........hopefully

Why won't they be back?

:big_boss:<_<<_< :blink: :oops::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jonno

I'd have shouted "You want lead? Well here's some more for you", then let go both barrels. That should do the trick!

now now neil you know thats not true.

you would have made a bomb and thrown it at em :good::big_boss:<_<

Guest The Outlaw

I can see where he is coming from, if you are on your own and you know the score with the local scallies then sitting tight and

letting them go is probably safer in the long run.

If he had rung plod and they got there and knicked them, plod would have bailed them and could have come back for

revenge.

I would rather cut my losses and give plod all the info I could on the scallies and hope the trip up later.

Self preservation imo

Tony