Browning Citori

bought a Browning Citori yesterday(thursday) at my local gunshop.

Browning Citori O/U 12g 1/4 1/4 28" 18years.. about 100cartradges gone through it :blink: purchased it yesterday.. had a rabbit at 72yards last night and a few pigeons at 60yards today. very nice gun. only cost £450 though.. bargain price..

Aled

If there was a bloke in me back garden with 20 Browning Citori's and he was giving em away , i would'nt even bother to open the window to one let alone 20 of em . Bag o poo them guns .

all the best yis yp ???

??? Why not YP when you can shoot rabbits and pigeons at twice the range of other 12 bores? :blink:

:D

Aled,

You really are asking for some serious mick-taking claiming the distances you have.

Are you a bit vertically challenged i.e a short ****, and could your strides be less than a yard long, making you think you've shot things at further ranges than they actually are ?

:blink:

Aled

Irrespective of the virtues of your new piece of Browning Bling; you have me quite worried.

Are you making spurious unjustified claims with the intention of winding up certain members of this forum?

Do you know what a yard is? ie 3ft, thats a little less than 1 metre.

Are you just an absolute ploncker, who wouldnt know an Imperial yard from a ship yard?

Having read various posts on this forum how do you justify shooting quarry with a shot gun a ranges that would test a mediocre shot with a rim fire.

I can only suggest that you borow a long tape measure or surveyors wheel and measure some distances and place sticks into the ground. Then return to the start and determain just how far 25; 35; 40; 45 & 75 yards actually are.

Visit the BASC web site and read the varius codes of practice.

If you carry on shooting in an irresponsible manner, and making posts about it you may well find that your posts go unanswered. Could you think why?

webber

Last engineer

To locate identical pellets to Aled, you must forget Cabelas. Do an internet search for cloud cuckoo land. their shooting section stocks all manner of mythical equipment. Just one draw back; you may find that you need to be on a different planet to the rest of the forum members before you can make a purchase.

Rumour has it that Aled has cornered this market anyway; and entrance to planet Zogg is highly selective.

webber

YP

Ive just looked up Aled profile, he hardly old enough to be an apprentice.

He reminds me a lad I was once given to train, nice lad, just could not measure.

It didnt matter what he measured it was always exact. Exactly wrong, but always by an exact amount, one thousandth of an inch, one eighth, one inch even on a couple of occasions one foot, but never a yard.

Given Aleds age he may not actually know what a yard is, because I doubt that he will have been tought imperial measurements at school.

I wonder if his shooting mentor is also similarly aflicted, or is he just a fisherman?

webber

Browning Citori O/U 12g 1/4 1/4 28" 18years.. about 100cartradges gone through it

18 years old ? 100 cartriges through it :blink:

Hell of a salesman at your local gunshop I'd say.

Maybe it was the same salesman that told you it would shoot rabbits at 72 yards ?

i think your all being a little harsh on aled ,i think if you work out the,air speed velocity of the african sparrow in full flight on a monday afternoon with a light lunch onboard then why cant he shoot 72 yards down hill ,ie off beachy head

:lol::lol:;):D like the 0-60 mph of my old moggy 1000 3 secs of a bloody cliff he can probably take out a black bear with a .177 dart at 350metres offhanded :D haapy hunt/dreaming aled

:lol:

Aled

Can I suggest that you obtain a long tape measure and get your dad to do 10 of his best paces. Then measure the actual distance travelled. I seriously doubt that you will find that one of his paces averaged 3 feet or 1 yard.

By doing this you will be in a position to advise us as to your amended distance for your long range shot, and you will then know for the future that say 12 paces equals 10 yards, or what ever it works out at. You should also repeat the excersise for your own pace, although you will need to go through the chore untill you stop growing.

webber :lol:

It actually died laughing at the fact that Aled thought he could kill it at 70yds. :lol:

Aled, no one really cares at long range shots. What does appeal to people more is if you have stalked it from 100yds, down to 15. Next time, give it more of a sporting chance, dont use the magnums, and get as close as you can first. :lol:

aled we have a policy here in canada introduced by the newfies(as close to irish as you can get :lol: ) its a concervation thing for all the dogooders here in gods country ,(i'll get greif for that one)

we call it the :lol: "ALBERTAN SHOOT AND RELEASE" :lol:

this is the aproach to outdoorsmanshipything we take ,applied to goose duck bear moose liberal mp :*) and so on

have fun son ;)

HAVE JUST COME BACK FROM THE GUNSMITHS WHERE THE RESIDENT KNOW IT ALL WAS TELLING ME OVER AND OVER THAT YESTERDAY HE SHOT 180 PIGEONS OVER BARLEY WITH A 20 BORE. NOTHING OUTLANDISH WITH THAT BUT HE CLAIMED THAT HE HIT ALMOST EVERYONE AT A HEIGHT OF 65 YARDS.MMMM.

IS MY GUN BROKE, AM I FIRING IT THE WRONG WAY ROUND? MAYBE INSTEAD OF SHOT THERE IS BLUTACK IN MY CARTS.

jimDfish

Aled,

I suspect a lot of what has been said about this subject has gone completely over your head.

Having chatted to you in the chat room, I know you are no numpty.

But I really think you should pattern your gun so you can see what sort of spread of shot your gun is capable of.

Get some old wallpaper and draw a 30" circle on it. Now, using a good tape measure, put the circle out at 30 yards, against a suitable backstop, and using your usual cartridge, fire at the wallpaper. Repeat this five times, saving the paper each time.

Now look at all the different groupings of the spread. If you are aiming to shoot at pigeons, imagine a pigeon in front of the holes on the paper. Look at the patches where a pigeon could fly though the pattern. If you have not got quite a few of the pellet holes through where the animal should be then your gun/cartridge/ choke is not up to the job.

Now try this out to 40, 50 and 60 yards.

I would suspect by that time you will have gaping holes in the pattern of your shot.

If that is the case, is it fair to the animal/bird you are trying to shoot, to hit it with only one of those small shot ??

I think you will find a lot of people on here, who shoot pigeons, prefer No 6 shot.

To me, No 8 are for clays, and No 4 are for much bigger game than pigeon.