AL391 urika or A391 teknys or franchi raptor

viking

hi guys, im thinking of getting a semi auto at the weekend, just been looking at local gun shop and came across these to guns, both 12g 282 barrels m/c urika is a sport and the teknys is a field both are described as as new mint both £675, my question is whats the best gun out of the 2 and how are they for price, or i was thinking of getting a new franchi raptor for about the same money, any help much welcome, thanks, lee

You don't say what you want to use it for and whether they're synthetic stocks etc. Personally I have the Urika and bought it used, but mint (about 6 months old), for a good price - but then the guy was leaving the country! :lol: I would say £500-£600 is about the right price privately - add some more on for dealer backup etc. The teknys was a bit too fancy for me (wanted the synthetic stock), and the franchi raptor is a good gun - but you'll always get parts for the Berratta if they go wrong, which I really doubt! :lol: However I did hear that some Raptors were inertia rather than gas powered - which I have always fancied - but I'm not sure on that for UK guns and ideally would go for a Benelli if I went down that route. However, any of the above are good guns, so you won't go too far wrong with any of them. Check out guntrader for an idea of competitve prices too. Happy shopping!

Edited by Oly

The Urika and Teknys are both mechanically the same, for clayshooting the urika is better as it does not have a silver receiver which can be distracting when the sun is out, the newish Urika,s have the superior Optibore chokes which the Field teknys does not, the chokes in the field gun are the mobilechokes (they are not interchangable) I have owned and shot both, for clays The Urika everytime, Cheers. :lol:

Edited by berettaman1

thanks for the replys guys, i will be using it mostly for rough shooting and may be clays, they are both wood stock, i would much rather have a beretta so i guess it will be one of them 2, im just gonna have a look on guntrader see whats about near me, cheers, lee

have a look on the bbs there is a mint 391 for peanuts

what is the bbs? :lol::lol: ??

airgun BBS its a shooting web site. and i can never remember if links are allowed to it.

but if they are

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/

go into the firearms for sale section.

or click here

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245860

Edited by markbivvy

gunsmith on guntrader is selling NEW 391 Urika for £595!! shop is in Kidderminster. Worcs,

iv just seen the one above it from west yorkshire leeds 10 ile away from me, its a urika feild, same money brand new, dont know how i missed that earlier what are they like, whats between the sport and feild, cheers

I have had a urika 391 sporter for nearly 5 years, I use it for pigeon, crow etc, and duck, its bashed, smashed, well abused,used in all weathers and all conditions, but NEVER misses a beat, I clean it every "now and then" and in the time I have had it it has jammed perhaps a handfull of times each time it was down to the round ie a cart that had probably been dropped and had dried mud on it, oh and I gave it a "good clean" once and a good oil up it jammed the next shot? wiped the oil residue off TOTALLY never jammed since, could not begin to imagine how many carts it has had through it, would probably faint at the cost? when this one dies I will have no hesitation whatsoever in replacing it with the same.

er and without naming the gun make, (not beretta) hawkeye bought himself an "auto" looked nice but litterally broke up after a couple of months? got his money back mind you.

cheers KW

wel today i went out and treated myself to a nice new beretta AL391 urika sporter, just spent bthe last hour and half taking it apart to see how it all works out and so i know what to do when its time to clean it, cant wait to start using it at the weekend,