CLA Game Fair Blenheim Palace

Elma Fud

Went to the CLA today. Walked loads, spent loads.

Met a few of the PW guys at Deakos stand plus managed to part with cash while there!:lol:

Was it just me or did it seem to be spread over a much larger area this year. Gun makers row seemed miles from the entrance and I did the trip several times!

All in all, a good show.

I walked in free at about 5.30 am on Friday and Saturday. Just as well, because I couldn't find the safe place I had put the tickets in at home.

From gunmakers row back to the car, was a 2 mile round trip. I did it 3 times each day!

Didn't find everything I wanted, but I expect it was there somewhere!

Lots of soft drinks, booze and fast food at extortionate prices, as usual!

It doesnt say much for their security if you could just stroll in at 05.30.

I suppose that you would be there ready for the stands opening, but cant see the point of being there so early, except to do a commando style raid on the turnstiles!

webber :lol:

It doesnt say much for their security if you could just stroll in at 05.30.

It's allways been the same.

Leave it an hour and you get the queue of cars that can waste ages.

As a CLA member, I allways get discounted(used to be free) tickets, but that early, you don't usually need them and at that time you can use the ablutions without a queue either.

Hi Gemma,

Just got back from the Game-Fair myself. Knackered now!!!

I wish I could find the time to go back over the weekend but I'm too busy

How did you find it? BIG or what!!!!

I had an absolutely fantastic Weekend! I got there at about three on Friday (hence I had no problems getting in!) , and went back Sat and Sun!

Getting back Sunday evening was a total nightmare! We moved about six foot in half an hour at one point! :( But we were a bit cheeky and popped off down a little track behind the stands and skipped most of the traffic. We came out by the entrance! We were pretty chuffed but the woman behind us got a bit ratty about it! :P

I spent alot of my time around gunmakers row. I saw some pretty awesome ingenious stuff there. And two little lads running around underneith cardboard boxes had me in stitches. I also spent a fair bit of time in the horsey section and the pimms tent! :lol: :lol:

I didn't come away with much but still spent copious abounts. The food was madly over priced, I mean one stand charged us £5 for all day breakfast baguettes, and they weren't even big. :oops:

The setting was beautiful. It was huge, I walked miles in new sandals and now have huge blisters and bandages on my feet. But it was well worth it. Can't wait til the next one! ;)

Went Saturday.

Had a great time, even the good lady and the boys enjoyed themselves which is always a bonus.

Nice to see some PW punters at Deakos tent. I even enjoyed talking to Tony :oops: . Only joking matey ;) I will try and sort out some shooting for this weekend at the pig farm, I'll give you a call later.

Spent too much money :lol: The highlight for me was having a chat with Pat Carey (The Warrener) He told me that he had shot 19 foxes since last Friday, and not one cub either. That takes some beating.

EF

Another great game fair but same old story - too much stuff and not enough time. Was hoping to catch up with Robert Bucknell to pick his brains about fox calls but couldn't find him.

Even managed to pop into Deako's stand only to find him chatting away to some blonde jounalist!! :lol:

If I'm back from my honeymoon in time next year I may well make the journey down. Have friends in Cambridge and reletives of hers in Chelmsford so there not too far may try and make a long weekend of it.

I may well be trying the early morning trick to miss the traffic.

Squint