Shooting Insurance

Cosd

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you say - no frills just insurance. If you want just insurance then there are even cheaper deals! Shop around I think Mark will confirm SACS is even cheaper than the NGO, and there are even less expensive option to insure yourself against shooting risks, if that is all you want.

But what good is insurance, cheap or otherwise if you do NOT have:

Something to shoot with

Somewhere to shoot

Something to shoot at

David

CPSA public liability insurance covers all wildfowling and vermin control, and sporting hunting with shotgun or rifle, as well as target sports.

All members insurance is a component of the organisation's membership package, and the CPSA offer an entry level membership called CLUBMAN for non-clay competition members at only £30-00. The insurance is identical to full memebership at over £50, the only restriction is the member cant enter official CPSA clay competitions ( still insured for non- cpsa clay comp). This is a bargain and nearly half the price of comparative memberships in CA, BASC etc. Cover is instant on payment, and can be bought on EBay or by phoning the CPSA.

Jerry

Yes the CPSA PL policy does cover all forms of shooting as you say, as does the CA, NGO etc….but as I have said many times before – the chance of you ever making a claim is very small…so you should think about what else you are getting for your money, and what the organisation is doing to keep your shooting safe.

Now I am not going to have a go at the CPSA – I think that Phil and his team do a fantastic job for clay pigeon shooting- helping introduce new blood into the sport, putting a training scheme and academy in place to promote good shooting and to generate new European , World and Olympic champions – all power to you!

If you have any interest in clay pigeon shooting then you realy should join the CPSA and support what they do for the sport of clay pigeon shooting! Let's get more Champions! :lol:

BUT call Phil and ask him what the CPSA are doing to keep pigeon shooting safe….not their bag.

If you just want cheap insurance and do not care a hoot about keeping shooting safe then there are less expensive options even that the NGO! :lol:

David

Yes, U18 membership and insurance is the same as full membership.

Restricted memberships are:

Airgun - cover for airgun shooting only

Gundog- covered for working and training dogs - no shooting (but soon to include up to 2 days shooting a year e.g. beaters days)

Supporter - no insurance cover at all

Please remember, although shooing insurance is important- what is more important is the good work that is done to keep shooting safe.

David

• 4 weeks later...
I wish i had read this before i joined BASA, i'll know better next year,

and no i cannot join both, im not that well off. lol

i think as long as you are a decent enough chap to take out some form of cover, i dont think you be too badly thought of.

(yes, im with BASA as well :good: )

Thats my question to ! But i suspect unless your living together it will be individual cover ! Could someone confirm for us so that we dont go wasting money needlessly esp as i need to buy more cartridges !

It would be nice if they did if only for 1 year as it would be more benificial in the long run for new comers to the sport and encourage them to stay around and maybe for year 2 onwards take out the insurance for themselfs with BASC to ! :good:

Joint membership covers both, you do not have to be married, we will send cards ,mags etc to one address only.

David

Many thanks for that David, any chance i could get that in writing on BASC letter headed paper ? I only ask as my girlfriend works for a solicitor and I want to get things right. if so we will join on payday this month as its by far pur best option !

many thanks

Matt

Sniper,

If you need it in writing please send me your address - happy to help. But get your GF to check out the policy on the BASC web site, she will see that there is no clause, endorsement or restriction relevent to the material fact of marriage within the policy. But as i say if you want it in writing just send me your address.

D

• 2 months later...

Doesn't mater who you are insured with if they can get out of paying a claim they will did'nt want to say anything before as i was having a claim going through with BASC for loss of sight in my right eye due to been hit with a clay pigeon.Just received a letter this morning to tell me that they will not be paying out.This is a quote in the letter.

Insurers have advised that your medical report confirms vision in your

right eye is recorded at 6/60. Unfortunately, the definition of the policy

states "loss of sight is deemed to have occurred in one eye when the

degree of sight remaining after correction is 3/60 or less on the Snell

Scale and the Company is satisfied that the condition is permanent and

without expectation of recovery".

As your consultant has confirmed your sight to be 6/60 they are unable to

consider this claim under the terms of the policy.

So you pays your money and takes a chance