what did you all shoot today?

rogh shooter

were all of you at work or did any one manage to shoot

It was beaters day on a local estate today. Final bag was about 75 head.

I shot 12 pheasants, 2 duck, 1 woodcock & a jay, a great day. I have two

more beaters days to attend this week :good:

good shooting

have fun on the next shoots

good shooting to all

rs

I went for a walk with the father in law to see if any woodcock were about on our ground.

I had some of my 3" steel homeloads i my pocket so put one in the spout in case any pigeons swung over. A pigeon came from further down the field but was a healthy 60 yards, and very possibly more. Now please understand i wouldn't normally raise the gun at anything so distant but I haven't really had the chance to test my homeloads properly.

I swung in front and let rip - Jesus William Christ! - Stone dead and took an age to fall.

More than happy my loads will perform on the geese at 40 yards!

my dad farms asparagus and i got off work a bit early taday so i had a walk through a couple of the fields and bagged 2 pheasants, 4 got up in total but one of them was a hen so i let it live to tell the tale, i probably would have missed it anyway, they seem to love the asparagus this time of year when it has turned to seed and gone to fern.

cheers fenman... :good:

Edited by webbedfootfenman

FAO Pin,

I knew when I posted that somebody would question what I said, but I am genuinely, honestly, not exagerating. :good:

My father in law was with me who normally takes any possible opportunity to ripp the **** out of my shooting (even in his speech at my wedding!) but even he commented on the shot.

Some may even say it was a lucky pellet strike but it wasn't, the pigeon was well and truly **! As I said, I haven't really had many chances to test my homeloads but the one Canada I conneced with a few weeks ago certainly knew about it!

Not had any loads factory tested yet but believe they're runing at about 1450 fps wih perfectly acceptabel pressure.