EMA sucks

flash

EMA is stupid. its based on the amount of money your parents bring in combined. i dont get EMA, but my dad cannot afford to give me 30 pound a week, every week of college and a 100 pound bonus. the other thing that annoys me is people whos parent run there own business, such as farmers, who can make there income look under 30 grand, meaning there kids get ema. to me its a stupid idea, and just a way for the labour government to get more votes from the working class.

in my opinion it should be banned, as i dont see why these kids should be rewarded just for bloody turning up to lectures there meant to be at.

rant over.

cheers

flash

you get it for a turning up to every lecture in the week.

I thought the term for that was an education?

Post of the day there Shaun.

This is new one on me.

Oh how times have changed.

Is there a reward or bonus for paying taxes and staying out of prison as well?

you get it for a turning up to every lecture in the week.

I thought the term for that was an education?

"If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library." -- Frank Zappa

"If you want money, get a job." -- Dazza

If I didn't go to school when I was younger I got my da's foot in the **** never mind £30 and a £100 bonus when I got there. Is this funded by the tax payer?

i presume its funded by the tax payer, as i cant see the money coming from gordon browns pocket.

i enjoy my course, and will try to turn up to every lecture, allthough some are so boring its tempting not to go.

I have to sign the EMA's of my student's and for some of

them it is the only thing that you can use to get them to attend.

Like a lot of things in life you have to have a cut off point. If you fall to

the right side of that point you win if you don't you loose.

Unfortunatley life is not fair.

My kids will be moving to further educationsoon and because

I and the wife work we will be above the cut off point,

I have had this discussion with her on a few occaisions

she belives all should have it (then we would :good: Selfish reasons).

All mothers are given child benifit for the children and the wife thinks it should

be the same with the EMA.

Thats life folks.

Cheers taz.

Edited by taz24

Sorry Flash I might be confusing you with someone else, but isn't your dad a Warrant Officer in the RAF? Because to you it may seem daft that some less well off people get paid the EMA, but I'd rather have the lifestyle that a Warrant Officers salary could provide than what a factory job + my own £30 a week could provide.

Unfortunately not everyone has the same drive when it comes to work/ education/ learning, so a push in the right direction is often a good thing - paying these kids £30 a week now to get an education which will help them in later life is much cheaper for the government than supporting them through the rest of their adult lives when they are on the dole or out of work.

Do these other teens like getting the EMA? or is it a sign that you come from a "disadvantaged" family background? I remember kids at school that were entitled to free school dinners because they were from a poor background, but two that I knew of would rather go hungry the whole day than stand at the front of the lunch queue and sign for their free school meal in front of everyone.

I work nearly seven hours of each week to pay the income tax equivalent to one students £30 EMA, can I have some help with the gardening that I'm too tired to do my self, by the weeks end? My wife earns less, so it probably takes her entire Monday tax burden.

Edited by LEFTY478

I work nearly seven hours of each week to pay you the £30, can I have some help with the gardening, that I'm too tired to do my self, by the weeks end?

now hold on their its not the sutdents thats taking all your taxmoney IMO its all the useless people that singhon every week beacaus thier to *****g lazy to get a job i worked every day for 4 years(i missed 3 weeks i total christmas and birthdays)for 14 hours a day rain or sun carring 30kg feed blocks 3 miles up a fell or clipping or buchering a full beef at the age of 12 so dont tell students to stop scrounging and telling them to get a gob beacaus were in collage to get the job in life we want and EMA is for buying things like paper pens boooks extra courses water proofs NOT persinal use BUT if you have some left over then you can pend it on other things

ive had my rant now and me sorrey if ive upset any one in this post but free speach right?

I was happy with EMA untill I overheard what some of the scrotes spend it .

I kid you not.. One girl, smoking a fag and dressed in full chav gear, was saying to her mate how she spends the money on fags, booze, and cannabis. For christ sake, the goverment is trying to reduce kids from smoking it (untill they stupidly upped the legal holding amount), AND pay the dumb scrotes to smoke themselves silly. Why doesnt the goverment just put a ban on chavs and be done with it. Im sick of them.

Then theres me putting every day of the week into trying to learn in college, mixed with a bunch of chavs who are there for EMA and dont give a flying monkey about the course, and drag it down for those of us trying to learn. :mad:

its like added incentive for turning up but if you like your course then you would turn up every day any how

but its cash for nowt so what the hell i think platinum sasugewill have a strong veiw on this aswell

Its a bribe.

The goverment bribe the kids to go to college, so they dont hang about on the street and make our country look bad. Half of the chavs on EMA in my college, have no intention of working ever. They get their EMA and after college, they go on unemployed benifits and do ****** all. :lol: Genius this country is sometimes. :mad:

I never complain about immigrants etc, but chavs is one area that really gets me anoyed. I should know, I have spent 5 years with chavs. Ranging from small drug addicts, super young parents, and some with criminal records and ASBO's comming out of their ears. Not nice when you are trying to do something with your life, and they muck about trying to drag you down with them.

Sorry Flash I might be confusing you with someone else, but isn't your dad a Warrant Officer in the RAF? Because to you it may seem daft that some less well off people get paid the EMA, but I'd rather have the lifestyle that a Warrant Officers salary could provide than what a factory job + my own £30 a week could provide.

Unfortunately not everyone has the same drive when it comes to work/ education/ learning, so a push in the right direction is often a good thing - paying these kids £30 a week now to get an education which will help them in later life is much cheaper for the government than supporting them through the rest of their adult lives when they are on the dole or out of work.

Do these other teens like getting the EMA? or is it a sign that you come from a "disadvantaged" family background? I remember kids at school that were entitled to free school dinners because they were from a poor background, but two that I knew of would rather go hungry the whole day than stand at the front of the lunch queue and sign for their free school meal in front of everyone.

yes, my father is in the RAF, a wing commander to be precise. i to be honest i dont care wether i dont get EMA etc, it just thing its a waste of government funds to be paying these kids to go to college. also there is an important word that you used in your first paragraph. COULD, doesnt meen it does. hes the only one supporting my family, and its paying a huge mortgage off, so that my mother, his wife could spend her last year in devon with her family. so dont go telling me that just because of my dads rank, that he can afford to pay me and my sister 30 pound a week. etc.

according to what your saying, people who are better off, need to ,motivation, or are you saying they should be motivated in a different way, maybe punished instead. cause in my opinion, peoples background and parents earnings have nothing to do with wether you need motivational help, and what forms it comes in.

I think then taht if young lads go inot an apprenticeship or a poor paid job that is needed, binmen say, then they too should get thirty quid extra a week until they are eighteen.

we are paying kids to go to school so that when they leave they can earn more money while the lads who are hardworking but not academically minded get no reward.

Fair play has to be seen to be done.

My mistake on his rank!

as for background, of course it has an effect on how you grow up - if you come from a family of dossers then the chances are (unless you are the very rare exception) that you will also grow up to be a dosser - because you know no different. If you come from a well off family that has done well, chances are (unless you are the rare exception) that you will aspire to also lead that lifestyle in later life.

the £30 could be the difference between a disadvantaged teen from going to college or being told they have to go out to work and help feed the family. Not all families can afford to buy pens, paper, books etc for a child that is in college. And it does happen - a lad I was at school with who wanted to go to college because he was quite bright was told by his parents that he couldnt - he had to go to work and help support the family. so instead of going to college and then uni, he works in a chicken processing plant.

it may be seen as a waste, but if one out of ten of those people on it go on to be productive members of society instead of dole-dossers, then it will pay for itself. If they are in college, they arent out breaking windows, torching cars, spraying "daz is a ****" on the nearest wall - all of which cost thousands to sort out when all costs are factored in.

As for your dad paying the mortgage off and being the sole earner to be compassionate to your mother, that is a wonderful thing to be able to do. but not everyone can do that. Wouldnt it be a nicer place if more people were given the opportunities in life so that perhaps they could do something like that for their family?

Carrot and the stick on the motivational front, but some **** removed the use of the stick. so the carrot is the only way forward at this time.

being paid to turn up.......friggin ridiculous......if you don't want to attend college then don't........and if you do then you do.....being of older years nowadays I have attended night college for several years now(didn't really stick in too hard when I had the chance at school) and in that time I have qualified as a sparkie and a masseur(different ends of the scale I know but both financially worth while).

Its sad that we have to bribe people to push them on to a better chance of a succesful life.....as they say youth is definately wasted on the young.....if I knew then what I know now etc