Armas Bisconte Sidelock

crisis500

That Husqvarna is a really fine looking gun. How does it handle? Cheers Blackpowdwer

It handles beautifully! A little bit heavier barrells than a first grade London gun, but very "English" and superb craftsmanship. It's a model 310 de Luxe, made in 1913. Unfortunately Husqvarna no longer makes any guns, they were really top quality at least into the 1960's. Lots of manual work in them and skilled engravers - as you can see. Unfortunately it is not my gun.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x261/po...nt=HPIM0081.jpg

This is a picture of my Armas Bisonte sidelock.

Rick.

Rick,

Is that a straight stock as well, also can you tell me what makers markings it has on it ?. The reason I ask is it looks verry much like my sxs sidelock ejector, and mine only has the markings ARM as the manufacturer. Also what age is the gun as mine is only 20 (ish) years old.

Cheers

Trev

Been doing a bit of research on the proof marks, think this is about right,

1520 gmos-barrel weight=1520 grams

900 k/p/cm2-pressure=883 bar=12800 psi

C2- year=1983

12-70 =12 bore, 70ml chambers

The gun was proofed in Eibar,I cannot find any information on Armas Bisonte. The only other mark is FA, if this is the makers mark then it belongs to a bloke called Eusebio Arizaga who used to make good quality guns but little is known of him after 1981. My gun is ok but certainly not best quality. I wonder if he later went into business producing lower quality guns, who knows?.

Rick.

Been doing a bit of research on the proof marks, think this is about right,

1520 gmos-barrel weight=1520 grams

900 k/p/cm2-pressure=883 bar=12800 psi

C2- year=1983

12-70 =12 bore, 70ml chambers

The gun was proofed in Eibar,I cannot find any information on Armas Bisonte. The only other mark is FA, if this is the makers mark then it belongs to a bloke called Eusebio Arizaga who used to make good quality guns but little is known of him after 1981. My gun is ok but certainly not best quality. I wonder if he later went into business producing lower quality guns, who knows?.

Rick.

Rick,

It seems your in the same boat as me i have worked out most of the marks on the barrel apart from a ZH stamp which is inside a shield type stamp. Any ideas?

punzon_all_18.jpg ZABALA HERMANOS

Is this the one you mean?

Rick.

the first one is it? thanks for clearing that up. i have now found out the following:

Zabala Hermanos S.A. is a family enterprise based in Eibar, in northern Spain's Basque country to the east of the major city of Bilbao. The company started making shotguns in 1932, and say since then they have produced nearly a million guns. More side-by-sides than over-unders still feature in their current catalogue. Eibar is Spain's main gun-making town, and firearms of various kinds have been built there since the 1500s. Because of all this activity, Eibar is the home of the Spanish proof house, the standards of which meet those of the CIP (the international organisation of proof houses) and are therefore acceptable in the UK.