B.A.S.C. (please comment)

lock&load

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well everyone goes on about having permission letters from the farmers..

i have 2 one is from my local Golf course and that is to give permission to use golf cart when shooting..

the other one is from my local clay ground...

28 other farms i shoot on i don't have written permission but shoot on then regular usually when the farmer is having trouble and calls me i am not going to insult them by asking them to sign a bit of paper i know what most of them would say ( whats up don't you trust me) how do you get round that..

they all know me personally and have my contact details the same as i have a diary with there names addresses and contact numbers and how many acres the farm covers..its good enough for me... :rolleyes::drinks::stupid::lol:

Well everyone goes on about having permission letters from the farmers..

i have 2 one is from my local Golf course and that is to give permission to use golf cart when shooting..

the other one is from my local clay ground...

28 other farms i shoot on i don't have written permission but shoot on then regular usually when the farmer is having trouble and calls me i am not going to insult them by asking them to sign a bit of paper i know what most of them would say ( whats up don't you trust me) how do you get round that..

they all know me personally and have my contact details the same as i have a diary with there names addresses and contact numbers and how many acres the farm covers..its good enough for me... :drinks::stupid::lol::lol:

:rolleyes:

Right been a member for a few years now never used then....

But if i needed them and could get them over the weekend i would other wise i would just wait till the Monday morning...

But there might be someone in BASC that wants a bit of overtime if so don't begrudge him it... :rolleyes:

L&L

My vote is quite a good idea, but more important objectives to concentrate on at the moment, so its a NO.

I have a dream of one organisation to represent the interests of all live quarry shooters in the UK. I have read that one million people shoot in Britain, how many shoot live quarry, I dont know; but just think of the political clout that would have.

I can dream, cant I?

webber

L&L

My vote is quite a good idea, but more important objectives to concentrate on at the moment, so its a NO.

I have a dream of one organisation to represent the interests of all live quarry shooters in the UK. I have read that one million people shoot in Britain, how many shoot live quarry, I dont know; but just think of the political clout that would have.

I can dream, cant I?

webber

webber you are a man of conviction and i respect your opinion,on a personal note i shoot all legal quarry

i have read meny posts and am sorry i ever posted this topic as like a pack of dogs i have watched those who appear or think they are higher in the food chain of the forum take bites out of the little guy cus he dont share your veiws. god help anyone who ever gets a real problem like myself and a friend did 4 years ago when some dogood old dear saw a lamp in a near by feild only to be swamped by armed officers at gun point shouting and screaming,its ******g scary,and a duty solisitor that dont know **** i did not have basc membership then but would it have done any good if i did on a friday night,all i am saying is it would be nice to have somewere to turn in such an event and beleive me it dose happen more than you think !! and webber i think you would make a great mp as long as its in your best intrest ? no offence

You think the police would wait for you to have a nice chat with a shooting organization before they ask if you have permission to be there? This would have been easily settled with a visit to your home to collect the permission form - albeit possibly the next day. All your own doing really wasn't it - to be fair?

we did have permission but the farmer was on holiday and the permissin paperwork was at home so took a long time to sort and the police wont stand and listen to you in a field they just take you to nick :lol:

So you hoped BASC would go home and get it for you? Please tell us what you hoped BASC would have beeb able to do for you?

let me finnish by saying b.a.s.c do a great job and i know there are limits to everything but after my discussion with b.a.s.c it was agreed that i would post this on here and it would be watched so weather you are a member or not have your say and HELP THEM TO HELP YOU. :drinks:

We did but you did'nt like our replies sir

CAN I PLEASE SAY AGAIN THIS IS NOT ABOUT RAKEING ME OVER THE COALS JUST HAVE YOU HAD ANY PROBS AND DO YOU FEEL A WEEKEND CONTACT WOULD HELP, AND HOW COULD IT BE ACHEIVED !!!! :lol:

You were not being raked over the coals till after you objected to our replies - and even then it was a very gentle raking.

It seems to me that some have taken the original post out of context. The question was asked with, it seems, the full suport of BASC to guage reaction. Some of the replies that followed made it seem as if LL was on a crusade to get BASC to open 24/7 365. I am sure that was not the purpose of the original post.

I think LL took our replies out of context - he asked a fair question and got some fair replies in the first two pages.

TC

let me finnish by saying b.a.s.c do a great job and i know there are limits to everything but after my discussion with b.a.s.c it was agreed that i would post this on here and it would be watched so weather you are a member or not have your say and HELP THEM TO HELP YOU. :stupid:

CAN I PLEASE SAY AGAIN THIS IS NOT ABOUT RAKEING ME OVER THE COALS JUST HAVE YOU HAD ANY PROBS AND DO YOU FEEL A WEEKEND CONTACT WOULD HELP, AND HOW COULD IT BE ACHEIVED !!!! :lol:

It seems to me that some have taken the original post out of context. The question was asked with, it seems, the full suport of BASC to guage reaction. Some of the replies that followed made it seem as if LL was on a crusade to get BASC to open 24/7 365. I am sure that was not the purpose of the original post.

TC

no you are right it is not a personal crusade,this post was started as a result of a conversation i had this morn with basc,regarding the fact i had a question i could have done with some answers to,becuse the moderators of this site removed my post until it was confirmed and as a result i was unable to post,i then asked basc if they were nieve enough to think that some people didnot require their help at a weekend,and as agreed with basc i posted this topic to see if people felt it would help to have some contact if they felt they needed it at a weekend and instead its turned into an all out brawl. yeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.!!! :D:D

YOU started PM-ing us to try and influence our replies to you question - because you were not getting the answers you were hoping for. You certainly DO seem to be making this a crusade for the BASC to be open all hours - while few others feel the same way

this site is great start a thred watch it grow and grow and grow OUT OF ALL PREPORTION !!!!!!!!. and for what i offerd to post for basc to see the results my lord someone somwhere is p*****g there pants with laughter.

:rolleyes::lol:

Pity the thread has been hijacked with a load of pointless slobber that has detracted from it's original quest... to guage if the membership felt it wise to have all hours access to BASC.

Can I suggest a poll instead?

Getting back to the original topic. :drinks:

I think an out of normal working hours help/advice line is a good Idea :stupid: And charge that line at a premium rate, that way you would not get people ringing with genaral questions that could wait for the next working day. the Extra service should pay for its self and the extra cost should not be passed on the the genarel members through higher renewal rates. :lol:

just my opinion.

Lets have a big group hug and shake hands. pick your teddy's and toys up. :rolleyes:

kipper :lol:

Reading through the posts some of us seem to think that The BASC are a universal panacaea when it comes to obtaining a Fire Arms certificate or extension or even gaining permission to use the Fire arm on a particular piece of land. The simple fact is thats what the Local Constabulary Firearms Licencing department do.

Perhaps L&L,s original crys for help should have been addressed to his Firearms Liason Officer. Mine is particularly knowledgable, I have his business card in my licence wallet with his mobile on it and he is only too keen to help.

What the BASC do they do very well, but I cant quite see why they should ever be in a position to smooth the way for any of their members to recieve an FAC and would have thought they would need to be very careful what they advise those seeking such, to do.

Do many Farmers take any creedance from the BASC :rolleyes: some do, some dont... many of mine are happy that I have been deemed sensible enough to to have been granted an open licence and dont need any additional references. Infact one old guy a copuple of years ago when I muted I was insured under the Basc scheme said " I cant be doin with all that gymnastics stuff I is far to old for that "

I suspect if the Local Fire Arms Control officer has refused an application there is a damn good reason why, and the weight of the BASC wont even enter the equation., after all they cannot interfere with the statutory process as they are an advisory body and have no statutory powers.

in responce dave g to

You think the police would wait for you to have a nice chat with a shooting organization before they ask if you have permission to be there? This would have been easily settled with a visit to your home to collect the permission form - albeit possibly the next day. All your own doing really wasn't it - to be fair?

no i dont see it as my fault some dont even have writen permission let alone carry it i forgot mine and they like answers ther an then,so not realy that simple.

So you hoped BASC would go home and get it for you? Please tell us what you hoped BASC would have beeb able to do for you?

in responce i am honestly not sure you are going back 4 years on this incident and i was not a member at the time,but was a scary experiance and any help at that time would have been welcome.

You were not being raked over the coals till after you objected to our replies - and even then it was a very gentle raking.

in responce,i did not object to your replies meerly followed it up with my own comments

I think LL took our replies out of context - he asked a fair question and got some fair replies in the first two pages.

in responce,yes i accept this statement

YOU started PM-ing us to try and influence our replies to you question - because you were not getting the answers you were hoping for. You certainly DO seem to be making this a crusade for the BASC to be open all hours - while few others feel the same way

in response i only objected to what i saw as a personal attack,and in some cases yes i may have been a little over sensitive but i can admit when i am wrong meny cannot,and regardless of your opinion of wich you are intiteld to it was far from a crusade,however it may be that you make me the marter.

Pity the thread has been hijacked with a load of pointless slobber that has detracted from it's original quest... to guage if the membership felt it wise to have all hours access to BASC.

Can I suggest a poll instead?

here here !!!!

bring it on :rolleyes:

Loack&load yesterday at 11:07pm

in responce i am honestly not sure you are going back 4 years on this incident and i was not a member at the time,but was a scary experiance and any help at that time would have been welcome.

Help me here and please correct me if I am wrong - are we talking about something that happened four years ago - before you were a member of BASC?

Pushkin :rolleyes:

Loack&load yesterday at 11:07pm

Help me here and please correct me if I am wrong - are we talking about something that happened four years ago - before you were a member of BASC?

Pushkin :lol:

You WERENT a member?:lol:? :drinks::stupid:

10 pages of ****e and NOW you tell us?? :D:rolleyes::lol::lol:

Zapp