Olympics

jimdfish

Watching the opening ceremony and Seeing countries I have never heard of. 2 weeks of marathon and synchronised swimming to go. I for one cannot smile wide enough(sic)

jimDfish

They have clay shooting at the commonwealth but not the olympics. Why?

Heard the commentator talking a couple of times about the double trap. Hope we get some coverage at the Sydney Olympics we won some great medals in shooting, but all we get to watch on the BoringBroadcastingCrap all we get to see is swimmers (i don't think a single brit swimmer won a medal either?). Last time I wrote an email to the BBC, I hope their coverage of shooting increases, of course target shooting is not the most exciting to watch but the clays most definitely is especially if it goes to a shoot off. Great way of advertising the sport as well. Come on BBC use my license fee to good effect please.

If, like me, you no longer are interested in the Olympics/DrugFest Games, then exercise your right to turn it off, or watch something else. :angry:

The Gamebore Championships were televised for a couple of years, I think on Sky Sports.

I thoroughly enjoy sporting clay shooting, but I got bored watching it after a while.

Whether you like it, or not, clay shooting is very repetitive, with very little variation.

If they do show any shooting on the BBC, it will probably be at 3 am. :huh:

It's called the camberwell carrot , cos it was carrot shaped and made in camberwell .. lol classic !

Don't know if any of you folks know but ... Them skin tight suits the lady's run in , in the 100 meters dash are called "mumbel's"......

all the best yis yp :/

sorry YP, I know it's your first day back and all that :huh: wouldn't want people getting the wrong idea about the site though :angry:

Edited by Teal

Great news - I logged on to the BBC website and they have a shooting section: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics_2...ing/default.stm

It's not as big as some of the others but it's a start 4 years ago we had nothing (I am pretty sure of that). I'm going to send them an email and ask how much coverage we'll get on TV as well, I'd hope some of you would also send a congratulatory email but also put the pressure on for more especially on TV. It's a great chance to advertise and hopefully get new members for the sport (clay pigeon shooting)

ATB

Teal.

just seen this link as well: http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/h...000/3711171.stm it's good stuff, hope the lads can bring home some bacon to capitalise on it all.

Edited by Teal

Did Richard Faulds not win gold at the last olympics??

:huh: He did indeed and there was very little footage of him doing so until he actually received his medal. This is probably the reason that more coverage is going to be given this time as i think there were many letters of complaint sent in by the shooting fraternity.