Why do people shoot foxes? GRAPHIC

bob300w

'Cos it's fun!post-1705-1204623696.jpg

A "greeny" woman asked me that question in a pub once, that was her answer.

Well, the wind dropped enough last night to have a look around, charlie boy at the front tried to head-butt a 70 grain Nosler ballistic tip and came second. Didn't see any more, so hopefully we are now clear of them for a spell.

Looks like you were using an anti tank gun mate !!!

Bull

Impressive terminal performance for sure. 243 with 70grain Nosler ballistic tips at 3,600 fps, in the words of Corporal Jones "they don't like it up 'em". Now, if I can just get the stink out of my motor.....

post-1705-1204629834.jpg

Thought you might like to see a picture of the gun that did it, it's never let me down yet. Really should get a trigger guard on it, Lampers are getting more difficult to keep replacing.

Thats an interesting piece, whats the story?

Is it an old cork gun?

:good: D2D

D2D; Its a Diana, .177, smooth bore, brass lined barrel ,very useful if you get an agressive bluebottle in the kitchen. My father bought me one of these on ny eighth birthday in 1953, fired thousands of slugs though it, (waisted pellets would stick in the barrel!) I don't remember actually killing anything larger than a bee with it (they weren't protected then) if I had to hazard a guess at the power of it, it would probably compare to a modern CO2 pistol. It did start me on the slippery downhill slope to wanting bigger and better though, I've got that to thank it for! :good:

On a serious note I hope you let them go free when you finished the photo session Bob without harm?

LB

But of course, we are very conservation minded in this part of the world, especially where foxes are concerned. People just do not appreciate how cute and cuddly they are, even the gamekeeper says what little ******* they are, and he should know, he has a rug made of their fur. :no: