Firearms Department response times

jonno

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

south wales police are not impressing me much at the moment. i sent off my application april 10th, then got a letter mid may saying they needed more info on my counter signer's job description (rather than just calling him and asking) but in my letter were also several pages with some ''random guy'' from aberdare's details, photograph, adress details of his conviction and guns he owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after i sent all this back with a note attached explaining it was mixed up in my letter, i recieved my home visit from the FLO. then nothing untill i phoned them in the first week in june to see if there was any problem, and they said my application was granted on the 27th and i should recieve it any day now. i've still not recieved anything so i phoned them today and was told it may have been lost!!!!!!!

what are these guy's playing at?:hmm: i dread to think where my licence has ended up now.

Hi all

What a lot of people dont know is that all forces are 6 months into a ' 2 year quiet period', this is because firearm and shotgun cerificates went from being renewable every 3 years to 5 years back in 1997 so all they are dealing with at the moment is grants that were made in that 2 years and those that are applying for grants now. This means that there is little excuse for 'poor performance'. Some forces who had lamentable turnaround times are catching up but don't be fooled.

Regards

P

• 2 weeks later...

Applied 21st April 2008 and my first FAC was delivered this morning, 9 weeks, pretty good I think as they had to also check 5 areas of land not previously checked. Well done Devon and Cornwall. FEO visit was after a week, all very helpful, really was quite a pleasant experience I hope it stays this professional and friendly.

cumbria are taking too long to do any thing its been 14 months now god dam it :):oops:

are you a member of BASC?

This reminds me of a friends application his SGC took 4 months, then 6 month

later when he applied for his FAC for a 223 and 243 it took ten months to refuse

the 243 then another 7 month to approve the 223,when BASC made several enquiries

for him he was told by BASC the police had found a problem with the application,

which turned out that somebody had rang them and told them he was taking

tablets for depression and shouldnt be allowed a FAC, they had slowed the

application for doctors reports without letting him know,a simple phonecall

and he would have told them he had never been on any medication for depression.

as stated in his forms, the licence was delivered 19 months after the original application. :hmm:

Lancashire Firearms Department

30 days from Posting my application to my certificate arriving!!!. This was in May 2005. And this included the inspection officer being on holiday for a few days, so he couldn't come and see me until 2 weeks after my application.