Police visit

dustyfox

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just had to make a statement about an incident.

Earlier on I was with this kid and he took an egg from my house and said to me on the way out that he was going to egg something I said no but he didnt liston. About five minutes later he said he wanted to chuck it at a moving car and I said you chuck it at your own risk. So he chucked it at this car and they guy in the car stopped and chased us he went straight for the kid and caught him up.

He went back to his house and the police went to his house. He made a statement and I think that he blamed me for throwing the egg. So they came round to my house and took a statement, I completly told the truth and after the statement had been done. They said to me are you sure you did not chuck the egg. I went yeah im sure.

I then asked what is going to happen. The policeman said the kid will get charged as it nearly caused an accident and I may need to go to court to give evidence.

Now the thing that scares me is that I told the police that he took the egg from my house but I did say that he couldnt. Would I get done for something here?

And would it affect me getting my SGC when I apply?

Thanks

DF

DF having read your post several times my take on this is that having just turned 23yrs old you should by now have entered the adult world with all its responsibilities and concerns, instead you seem, from your post, to be still in waltermitty land.

You describe this person as a boy and I assume from that he is a juvenile, you should not have allowed him to steal the egg from your home never mind stayed in his company when he told you of his intentions.

To throw an object at a moving vehicle is not clever, the driver may have swerved into the path of another vehicle or worse onto the pavement, he would not have known what it was being thrown at him, many drivers have been killed by bricks and stones thrown by idiots.

By making no effort to stop him and remaining in his company while he carried out the act imo makes you an accessory to the crime,you will be lucky if the police do not take this line and charge you.

As to being granted a licence to possess a shotgun, draw your own conclusions :yes:

:yes: D2D

O poo so if the police thinks that there not going to get a conviction from this little toe rag there gonna try and get me for it?

O poo so if the police thinks that there not going to get a conviction from this little toe rag there gonna try and get me for it?

The police are not going to "try and get a conviction" if there is no evidence to support your involvement and your word against your so called friend's would not contitute sufficient evidence.

Forget it.

WGD

As dusk2dawn says, draw your own conclusions! For f s, any wonder this country is ###?

I think the point being made is that if you struggle with being a responsible citizen in stopping an event, that was completely within your control to do so, that could have ended in a death, and assuming you do actually know right from wrong, then why would anyone give you a certificate to give you a deadly weapon?

If one of my mates said he was going to chuck anything at a moving car on the public highway then that is where we would have parted company and I doubt he would still be an aquaintance.

If I was a FLO and I read about this incident, I would say come back when you have learned right from wrong and when you have grown up bit; you don't sound responsible enough to have a licensed firearm of any descritption to me.

May sound harsh, but that's my opinion.

Edited by rochey

I totally agree with D2D's views, all you have succeeded in doing is to prove your immaturity to the local police, lets hope it doesn't affect your SGC application, lets hope you learn from your hopefully close encounter, do yourself a favour m8- get the old grey matter working, ditch the yobs & if you are granted your cert., enjoy your shooting. You may have learnt a lesson from this, you aren't a child so don't act like one. Hope all goes well for you. :yes:

I tried my hardest to stop him but I gave up cause he wasnt listoning to me. I said I was going and I started walking away then he chucked it at the next car. He was going home at the time as he says that he might get beaten up by the other kids so he asked me to take him to his house and this incident happened on the way.

Edited by dustyfox

I am not suprised he was scared of being duffed up by the other kids,No offence DF, but you should not by now hanging about with stupid people, in fact as said by other members, what would have happened if the stupid boy had caused a fatal crash ?, You would have been charged as being a part off the act, and if not imprisoned, then the very least a big fine, and no chance of a SGL, or a FAC, and you would not even be allowed an air rifle!!. Get rid of hanging about with D---k heads. :yes:

Edited by berettaman1

I am not suprised he was scared of being duffed up by the other kids,No offence DF, but you should not by now hanging about with stupid people, in fact as said by other members, what would have happened if the stupid boy had caused a fatal crash ?, You would have been charged as being a part off the act, and if not imprisoned, then the very least a big fine, and no chance of a SGL, or a FAC, and you would not even be allowed an air rifle!!. Get rid of hanging about with D---k heads. :yes:

Yeah I had enough of him I dont usually hang around people if they where tracksuits if you know what I mean.

But he said he goes beating and he has a springer that he said he wants trained up, and I wanted to train my dog up as well so I said we should train them together.

But after a while he started peeing around and I now train my dog alone and he is getting on very well, but the boys dog everytime I say to him you need to do this you need to do that again he just ignores and lets his dog run riot while my dog is sitting there being patient. His excuse afterwards was that springers dont need to learn to stay. So the next time I see him I am going to tell him to get to ****. Cause I am not putting up with it. I will probably get my windows smashed now.

If it does go to court I am bringing up a witness for me because a few weeks earlier he chucked a glass bottle at a woman and nearly hit her she came out and know it was him.

unbelievably, for a change, I am in complete agreement with BM1.

You are 23.

23, a man, and someone comes into your house and says " I am going to nick an egg and throw it at a car"

You say "oh dont please it would not be right" and THEN go out with him anyway. No wonder people wanted to beat the snot out of him and was scared. it was probably the people who spend their sundays cleaning egg off their cars.

JDF

Now i may have got this wrong, but your saying you couldn't stop this kid from taking the egg or stop him from throwing it ?

And you expect the Police to issue you a SGC ! .....just imagine what would happen if the kid had taken your shotgun !

You are not mature enough to own or posess a firearm of any sort..... sort yourself out, get better friends and grow up !

Dave

a few weeks earlier he chucked a glass bottle at a woman and nearly hit her she came out and know it was him.

Have you ever heard the phrase "you don't have the brains you were born with"

Well if you are still hanging round with him after this first instance I believe it applies to you, along with "if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off"

I mean for crying out loud..............................

I dont' want to see anyone have their SGC or FAC taken away because I know of the enjoyment that can be had if used correctly, but to be honest I wouldn't issue you with a rubber band gun based on the 2 sentences that you have come out with :yes:

Edited by BSA Shaun

"DF having read your post several times my take on this is that having just turned 23yrs old you should by now have entered the adult world with all its responsibilities and concerns, instead you seem, from your post, to be still in waltermitty land.

You describe this person as a boy and I assume from that he is a juvenile, you should not have allowed him to steal the egg from your home never mind stayed in his company when he told you of his intentions.

To throw an object at a moving vehicle is not clever, the driver may have swerved into the path of another vehicle or worse onto the pavement, he would not have known what it was being thrown at him, many drivers have been killed by bricks and stones thrown by idiots.

By making no effort to stop him and remaining in his company while he carried out the act imo makes you an accessory to the crime,you will be lucky if the police do not take this line and charge you.

As to being granted a licence to possess a shotgun, draw your own conclusions

D2D "

I Think that the above says it all, plus, the egg came from your house, he is a boy, and you let him? That could well be construed as you giving him the egg, legally, you supplied it. How do we, or the police know that you did not encourage him to throw it? I most definitly agree that at 23 years old you are not showing the level of maturity that one would expect to see from a SGC holder.

Now i may have got this wrong, but your saying you couldn't stop this kid from taking the egg or stop him from throwing it ?

And you expect the Police to issue you a SGC ! .....just imagine what would happen if the kid had taken your shotgun !

You are not mature enough to own or posess a firearm of any sort..... sort yourself out, get better friends and grow up !

Dave

Do you really need to be that harsh he stole the egg on the way out of my house he not gonna pick lock a SG safe and steal the Shotguns is he. He will not be allowed in my house again as I didnt want him to but again does not listen. I am mature enough to hold a SGC and the only reason why I assosiated with him is because he goes beating and has a springer that he says he wants trained up to be a gundog. But he obviously doesnt care about the dog now so thats it. I made a poor judgement and learned from it.

I think the police believe me as the boy has been in trouble alot before and I told nothing but the truth.

I'd echo what's been said.

I'm sure in the flesh you're a nice chap DF, but this thread only highlights reasons you shouldn't be granted a shotgun certificate. It may seem harsh, but put yourself in an FLO's shoes and read this post, would you grant one?

Yeah I had enough of him I dont usually hang around people if they where tracksuits if you know what I mean.

If it does go to court I am bringing up a witness for me because a few weeks earlier he chucked a glass bottle at a woman and nearly hit her she came out and know it was him.

retarded.jpg

In DF's defence here guys he has made a lot of posts on the site and asked a number of valid and reasonable questions in the short time I have been a member.

He made an bad error of judgement, has had a visit from the police because of it, he is obviously shaken up and looking for some advice as to what, if anything is likely to happen to him and all he gets is a load a verbal all saying much the same thing, and it's hardly constructive - and at the the end of the day it is for the FLO in full possession of the guy's history and facts and after meeting him face to face to decide whether he is fit to own a firearm.

What DF allowed to happen was stupid and potentially dangerous but I for one think he will learn from it.

WGD

and if any of you had spent the time to listen and talk to him about it .

you would understand how upset and worried he is about it .

suzy

Surely the whole point that people are making, is that maturity is being responsible for your own actions. That includes knowing the consequences of your actions before carrying them out, not after. He knew that his pal was a nutter, he had thrown a bottle at a woman earlier, what did he think the guy was going to do with the egg? Would you be as sympathetic if it was you that had been on the receiving end of the bottle?