Cheapest place to buy a Leupold scope (online?)

JohnGalway

Tulky's link has sorted me now. VX-III 4.5-14x50 is the model I'll be getting. Just not sure which reticle yet :wacko:

What you going to put in on John

Bullets on the irish shooting forum has the varmint hunters reticle on a .17hmr and I have used that at 200 yards on the range and thoroughly enjoyed it too.

I'm going to be selling certain items to fund a project Veg, unfortunately this means the Nightforce may well have to go, not 100% sure on that yet but I'm seriously considering it so the loopy would be going on my .223 :wacko:

Varmint reticle may be a bit too fine for night shooting, I may go for the heavy duplex or the Boone & Crocket ret, not decided yet.

Yeah I would go against the varmint reticle for night shooting if its going on the .223.

The one on my Nightforce would be a disaster if it was not illuminated

I don't think I could ever get rid of my Nightforce, it does not have the colour or light transmission of other high end scopes but as a target scope it is just so practical

have been shooting at 300 yards to sharpen the skills and i cannot believe how accurate the rifle is with cheap AE 50 grain hollow points. I must do some groups at that range and put them up.

Shooting at reactive targets like clays and apples/oranges and I am becoming very effective with it. Would easily shoot a rabbit or a crow at that range now (as long as conditions were similar) I put it down to the scope, 42 times mag and a very handy reticle.

Anyway back on topic, looking forward to seeing details of and hearing about the project. Good luck with it and if there is anything I can do to help let me know