New rifle

njc110381

I went to pick my new gun up today. I'm really pleased with it although I've not had a chance to fire it yet. Hopefully it will be a nice accurate tool. The only niggle I can find is the trigger pull, as it's really creepy. I've been told this can be adjusted out of them so hopefully I should get that sorted soon! If not, the set function is very crisp so I'll use that until I can get myself a Rifle Basix unit. The bolt is very smooth for a CZ, so I think I got a bit of luck with this one :angry:

Here's a photo of the new toy....

PIC_0006.jpg

Thats a cracking looking CZ .223 :sly: . Im tempted.... ;)

The best of luck with it, i hope you have luck with the foxes. :good:

Frank.

are you missing your rifles Frank? was it a CZ .223 you had?

Thats right Dazza, it was a CZ .223. :beer:

Great wee rifles for the price. :no:

It's a 5 round mag. As far as I know that's all you can get for it, but in .223 that should be plenty. I've got a Bushnell Elite 5-15x50 on order to put on it. I'll see how I get on with it and if it's good enough it will stay there. If not I'll put it on my HMR. I'll post on here as soon as I've been out with it. I hate running in a new rifle but once it's done the fun can start.

From what I've seen on the forum Frank, if you're ever around here you're welcome to come out on my permission and show me how it's done. I'm always open to learning new tricks from the masters of the sport :good:

From what I've seen on the forum Frank, if you're ever around here you're welcome to come out on my permission and show me how it's done. I'm always open to learning new tricks from the masters of the sport :good:

Thanks very much thats a nice comment and im sure i would learn from you aswell. :sly:

Im sure when the fun starts, you will be in your element with the rifle. :beer:

Keep us posted.

All the best,

Frank.

Thanks very much thats a nice comment and im sure i would learn from you aswell. :good:

Im sure when the fun starts, you will be in your element with the rifle. :no:

Keep us posted.

All the best,

Frank.

Learn how to miss an easy shot maybe :beer:

I'm pretty sure all the stocks on the CZ range can be interchanged? All it would take is to find a good used one and I doubt it would cost much. The rifle only cost about £50 more than the standard model.

I really like laminate because it's supposedly a lot more stable in temperature changes and damp conditions than a traditional wood stock, yet still keeps the fine look of wood. I'm really not all that keen on plastic stocks.

One issue I'm having with it and I don't know why, is the mag doesn't want to accept a fifth round. I'm certain it's a five round mag and the fifth will go in, but it puts a small dent in the case doing so. I've dented a rimfire case before, but never a centrefire! They're still usable rounds as the dent is hardly noticable, but even so it's bloody hard to get the last round in. I left it full over night to see if that would help loosen the spring up a bit, but it didn't :sly:

Thanks very much thats a nice comment and im sure i would learn from you aswell. :good:

Im sure when the fun starts, you will be in your element with the rifle. ;)

Keep us posted.

All the best,

Frank.

Learn how to miss an easy shot maybe :no:

I'm pretty sure all the stocks on the CZ range can be interchanged? All it would take is to find a good used one and I doubt it would cost much. The rifle only cost about £50 more than the standard model.

I really like laminate because it's supposedly a lot more stable in temperature changes and damp conditions than a traditional wood stock, yet still keeps the fine look of wood. I'm really not all that keen on plastic stocks.

One issue I'm having with it and I don't know why, is the mag doesn't want to accept a fifth round. I'm certain it's a five round mag and the fifth will go in, but it puts a small dent in the case doing so. I've dented a rimfire case before, but never a centrefire! They're still usable rounds as the dent is hardly noticable, but even so it's bloody hard to get the last round in. I left it full over night to see if that would help loosen the spring up a bit, but it didn't :beer:

It takes a wee while for that spring to get loose..Cz's are built tough and rough, but last several lifetimes, from the reports i got. It could also be that a bit od adjustment on the mag, might get it more flexible? Try having a word with the shop you got it from.

Laminate, is very good, rot, woodworm proof and keeps its shape in all weathers. :sly:

Well I've been sat messing about with the mag and some empty cases all morning and it seems to be working loose. I also filled it up and pushed it in harder with a pencil a few times to really work the spring. It's tight but usable now, so I'm sure after a bit of time it will be fine. I'm itching to use it, but with no mod yet I don't want to take it to the farm to run it in. Not the best day for blasting is it? I may get up the club tomorrow. I haven't got a scope yet, but you don't really need one to run it in.

Very nice :good: Ive had a .223 slot for five months now but im still undecided as what to buy. I looked in my local rfd's today at a Tikka varmint which looked and handled lovely although with a mod fitted to the heavy barrel it would certainly be pretty weighty. There was also a Titan on the rack a make ive never heard of but the rifle itself looked good.

I will be doing target shooting with some foxing thrown in just need to make my mind up as to what to buy!

I'm pretty sure the RWS Titan is made by the same people who make the Howa range of rifles :good:

The Tikka has a long bolt travel. Once I've shot my CZ I'll let you know what I think of it. As long as it's accurate I'd recommend it, it seems a very well made gun and is nothing like as agricultural as the older ones :blink:

Hi,

I've got exactly the same rifle, the trigger will adjust easily - there's no need for an after market trigger but you will find that you need really high scope mounts and not many people make these (as I've found out) I have a Bushnell 3-9 x 50 scope and with the highest mounts I could find I can just slide a cigarette paper between front of scope and barrell. I had to cut a notch out of the front scope cover to fit it on. But it is a very accurate gun (bit front heavy with a T8 mod) I shoot off a bipod and can normally shoot the knackers of a gnat at 100 yds.

I started off shooting Sako 50grain Gamehead which produced OK'ish results then I started reloading the Sako brass and the difference was amazing. If you're interested this is my best reload recipe so far:

40 Grain Nosler Ballistic Tip

26.5 Grains Varget seated to 5.79cm - fantastic for fox out to 200 yds

I have just loaded some 53 grain Sierra Matchking heads with 25.5 grains of Varget for target shooting and will hopefully get out tomorrow to try them out.

I bet you're going to have a lot of fun with this rifle - excellent choice!

i have had the same rifle for a few months now and already it has accounted for a few foxes, interesting you talk about the trigger i use the set trigger all the time and never give the normal trigger pull a thought, i use hornaday v max 40 gn bullets the gun shoots them spot on accurate , the bolt on mine is a not so smooth but i think it will get better as i use it.