Fence sprayers.

Cranfield

With over 100 yards of panel fencing that needs "treating" I have been thinking about getting one of the sprayers being advertised on the TV at the moment.

I already have one of the pump up reservoir back pack sprayers for my fruit trees and although its quite efficient, it does need pumping up quite frequently.

When you have a lot of spraying to do, this can be quite a nuisance.

I have seen electric sprayers referred to , I can't find much info on them, but I assume these are rechargeable.

Has anyone got one of these and are they any good ?

With over 100 yards of panel fencing that needs "treating" I have been thinking about getting one of the sprayers being advertised on the TV at the moment.

I already have one of the pump up reservoir back pack sprayers for my fruit trees and although its quite efficient, it does need pumping up quite frequently.

I have seen electric sprayers referred to , I can't find much info on them, but I assume these are rechargeable.

I have used them on several occasions they work fine, cheaper to hire one for the day, speedy hire.

Earlex do some diy ones in B&Q for about £20. Electric ones. Cheap enough to do all the fences and then clean through and throw it in the back of the garage for a few years till you need it again. No point shelling out for a fancy one just to do some fencing every few years IMO. :blink:

Cranfield what do you spray the fruit trees with? ive got a row of plum trees and last year all the leaves went silver and started falling off, I was wondering if this is what you use your existing sprayer for and what you spray with?

Do What I do when it comes time to give the sheds a spray. Go to Argos, buy an electric sprayer Spray the sheds / fence pannels. Then take it back and tell them it is not working properly, leaking is a good exscuse. Then get a refund all done and dusted till next year. With minimal outlay, I can do a 20ft x 10ft shed in under an hour.

TC

Cranfield what do you spray the fruit trees with? ive got a row of plum trees and last year all the leaves went silver and started falling off, I was wondering if this is what you use your existing sprayer for and what you spray with?

I use an "all purpose" fruit spray that is right for plums, apricots and cherries.

I have an airless sprayer- its a unit made by Graco. Even got a suction pipe to go straight into the paint tin and draw from there.

It can spray emulsions,gloss and all the preservatives.

Ideal for fence work, but I seriously reccommend some thought before use. I wound the pressure up and the preservative in mist form went between the panels and changed the colour of my neighbours washing.........

Done the the lot some sheets, underwear,blouse's the proper works. All finished in a lovely red cedar.

I was so lucky that my neighbour was able to wash most of it out but I still had to fork out for the underwear as it was beyond repair.

Do What I do when it comes time to give the sheds a spray. Go to Argos, buy an electric sprayer Spray the sheds / fence pannels. Then take it back and tell them it is not working properly, leaking is a good exscuse. Then get a refund all done and dusted till next year. With minimal outlay, I can do a 20ft x 10ft shed in under an hour.

TC

Pathetic.

TC

How dishonest :angry::hmm::hmm::good: .

Do you clean the item throughly or just take the chance they won't open the box and check it over?

Have a look at the Screwfix or Machine Mart catalogues. A couple of years ago, for under £100, I bought a new air compressor complete with spray gun for paint, spray gun for creosote etc., tyre pump with pressure gauge, air blowgun, and hose. I made a picnic table last summer, sprayed it in minutes, actually took longer to clean the spray gun than to do the job, and the ability to check and pump up your tyres at home; Priceless! :angry:

I use an "all purpose" fruit spray that is right for plums, apricots and cherries.

Will that help get rid of the 'rust' I seem to have on my pear trees, or do I need something a bit more specific?

Will that help get rid of the 'rust' I seem to have on my pear trees, or do I need something a bit more specific?

There is a general purpose spray available for apples and one for pears, separate from the one I have for "plums,apricots and cherries".

They seem to get rid of /or protect the tree from, just about everything that might affect it.

Your local Garden Centre will probably try to sell you a spray for every ailment, but check out the labels on the "all purpose" ones and you can save quite a few pounds.

I bought one to do my fence last year........ 70 odd metres. closeboard.

Couldnt fault the sprayer but found that the Cuprinol fence paint stuff goes on a bit thick and I ended up brushing it over.

Bearing in mind that the modern fence paints are not preservatives just purley decorative with a bit of oily water repellant chucked in I ceased after the first panel because my wife didnt like the colour and high tailed it down to the local farm suppliers for 10 containers of Light Oak creosote substitute.

Using the sprayer this went on superbly without any brushing over and really sinks into the wood.

Proper job !!!

Its got a really nice smell as well