A Little Rant !

Salop Matt

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With thanks to another PW member I have now found out more about this chap and should i have any problem with him in the future i will happily complain about him to the shoot owner. Apparently this chap is known to the shoot staff as "billy the liar" and that also he is not sponsored. Also my description was agreed to be be fair and accurate.

Glad to of found this out as i can now put my mind to rest that infact the bloke was a muppet :lol:

I shoot a berreta 303 and take great delight in beating people with " all the gear no idea" especially the ones that have to tell you how much they got ripped buying their gun lol

I would like to point out , Any referance to someone taking the **** out of a fellow shooter is, certainly not me!! In fact I take care when seeing a newby clay shooter suffering on a particular target , to advise him( to the best of of my limited knowledge, where he is going wrong") any reference of the spelling of Beretta,! or the suggestion that I am the person with the £4000.00 gun is wrong!( I shoot a auto) if the guy shoots at The Cross S,Ground then I dont think he would be sponsored, as The Cross is not a registered ground, but the chap who runs it puts on excellent targets, he used to put on the clay shoots at Weston Park Game fair for years..:good:

Edited by berettaman1

There seems to be an awful lot of sandbagging going here?

It would appear a few have either reacted, or just posted without thinking how they come across....?

I've had a play at competetive clay shooting, I found it too stressful. I was so bothered about missing one or two that I'd get consumed by it.... Missing would spoil my day!

I'm still a member at a local clay club so that I can go and practice different shots, but my love of shooting lies in hunting. I stiil see the same faces goin' there shooting the same routines over and over... Live and let live?

I once tried to engage a man (I now know to be an ignorant fat w***ker at the club) in conversation who was shooting the same Beretta semi auto I was. I was intrigued to know why he was using 1/4 choke on a skeet 'round..... he said something along the lines of....

"I'm one of the best pigeon shooters in the midlands I use 1/4 for everything and put around 4k rounds a year thru' this and never clean it!"

He was obviously having a bad day then, as he only broke 19 ex 25 on that round..... I and my mate had a laugh about this ***** attitude and I went on to shoot 2x 23s and a 24. With my skeet choke and 9 1/2s.

I made a choice not to shoot competetively as I see it as standing in a field with a gun and ripping up £10 notes. Do I slag off any one else that does it.... of course not. I decided to invest my time and money into Deerstalking as I can eat the results of those outings, as I can with game shooting and deeking.

I enjoy shooting skeet as its fun, it makes me work and improve my technique for killing. I enjoy other people being there.

If you dont enjoy it, dont do it.

Well I’m just glad I do most of my summer clay shooting over in France cos out there you can shoot any old shotgun gun O/U auto or whatever and nobody gives a toss as long as your are safe. But they have caught up with the UK in that its safety glasses, hearing protection and a hat, all sensible stuff.

Well its not the price of the gun its the skill behind it I was told by my local gunsmith that the fit of the gun is the most important thing But it does not matter how well the gun fits or how much it cost unless you can shoot :yes: It seems to me that you were shooting well and he was ****** off with that what a ****.

Remember this always :lol: It's about mind over matter ......You mind, he don't matter :hmm::D

Best of luck chum don't let the barstuards get you down

I haven't used a shotgun for a few years now but i used to shoot clays on a regular basis and i came accross a bloke like that who proceded to slag of my baikal shotgun and tell me how great he was and go on about his expensive gun and all the competitions he won. I just ignored him and carried on practicing the next club competition me and my cheap little baikal won and guess who came second mr big mouth.

My advice keep practicing and beat him at his own game.

Burpster, the 'fat ******' bragged about putting a whole 4,000 rounds a year through his gun? That's hardly an achievement, or a measure of skill.

Most ex-soldiers will know the phrase 'switch off to switch on'. I just blank everything out when I'm shooting, and try for total concentration. Everything else can wait, or be ignored, until I'm done shooting.

Ironically the most ridiculous, arrogant people I have ever met in the shooting world have been jumped-up bell-ends on driven days, not at clay competitions. These people's arrogance tends to be in inverse proportion to their marksmanship ability. Really capable Shots are usually too focused on the target and their own concentration, to dole out meaningless advice and insults to other Guns.