Shooting glasses

SidneyG

Got a set of Oakleys (+3 lenses) off a nice chap off here about a year ago for good money. Then after trying Jonesy's "blue irridium" lenses, bought a set of the snazzy lenses which now stay in the glasses.

I have bought cheapy sets before and the lenses just don't have the clarity and scratch easy. In the end you always get what you pay for IMHO.

I started with some cheap beretta rip offs, then got a set of Dyna Eye wrap arounds. Im not convinced about the lens quality, there is quite a bit of distortion when you look closely, and Im sure its not helping my shooting. They have also got a blured out semi-opaque bit abve the nose piece that is starting to irritate me too! Ill have a look at the oakleys, cheers mungler.

Browning, what lenses do you use the most with the Hi Def's?

Yes the Zeiss ones would suit the older gentleman shooter :good:

Or perhaps Maverick or Iceman. :yes:

I've got cheapish **** ones, i doubt they make my shooting any worse. Not been shot in the face yet but i reckon they'll stand up to stray bits of clay.

I started with some cheap beretta rip offs, then got a set of Dyna Eye wrap arounds. Im not convinced about the lens quality, there is quite a bit of distortion when you look closely, and Im sure its not helping my shooting. They have also got a blured out semi-opaque bit abve the nose piece that is starting to irritate me too! Ill have a look at the oakleys, cheers mungler.

Browning, what lenses do you use the most with the Hi Def's?

Sidney,

I got 3 lenses with the kit, 15%, 25%, 40% (if my memory serves me), I use the 25% most.

Oakleys here too. I used to use my Bloc sunnies, but got a pair of Whiskers a couple of months ago so I use those all the time now.

As Webber said, better to wear them all the time and not take the risk of losing eyes if something goes wrong...

I use Top Gun Premier glasses,

They are very similar to oakleys in style but they are only 20 quid and you get 5 different lenses. I would love a pair of Oakleys but at 150 - 200 quid for the same as the top gun ones I can live without them.

For seriously sunny weather I have a pair of Zurich sports sunglasses that I used to use for model flying.

See Here

Just been looking at the Hidefspex Blade glasses

Set cost £290ish you get for that 3 lens and two sets of frames.

for extra lens you be looking at about £90ish each

http://www.clayshooters.ie/Blade.html

But for the time being I'm using Bloc with interchangable lenses. that cost £39.99.

Edited by Ca$h Money

Anyone thinking that a pair of £25 shades are the same as the £185 Oakleys and £280 HiDef's are quite wrong.

Oakley shades made of Plutonite, which is pellet proof from a few yards, HiDef made from something starting with R, can't remember what.... but both materials are far removed from the Polycarbonate of others. Essex gun have a pair of Oakleys which had received a face full of shot from ten yards away, none of the pellets made it through the lense.

Presume the rest of the poor blokes/lasses face didn't survive quite as well?

I would love to use some of the different glasses available, but alas my prescription lenses pretty well rule them out,I have mates who use the ones that have a seperate pair of frames inside the outer lenses to have their prescription lenses fitted, but none of them shoot better than before they made the outlay..And lets be honest, the ridiculas prices being asked for the ones on market are just a rip off!!!most of them are made in China,!! There is no way they are worth more than a few quid max!!Hhhm, I supose some shooters with plenty of dosh, feel they give them the edge,?Well good luck to them.. :good:

Napier 1000 come as polarized as standard ( nice cool light) and are under £30-00, but have a range of further clip in colours. The full set is £57-00.

I use them for driving, shooting, and beach!

Comfortable and strong.

If you need prescription, then the Napier SL series come with prescription inserts. Can be supplied with prescription for about £70-00 all in.

Clayman