InGen

What Gun?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What Benelli Should I Get?

• Benelli Raffaello CrioComfort
    • Benelli Super Black Eagle II Comfortech
    • Benelli M2 Comfortech
    • Benelli Supersport

OK I'm stuck i looked at them all and if i had the money i would have them all but i dont. i want the 12g FAC version and it for clay and some rough shooting. So what should i get vote in poll please and tell me what they all offer that make it the best. Thanks to all.

OK I'm stuck i looked at them all and if i had the money i would have them all but i dont. i want the 12g FAC version and it for clay and some rough shooting. So what should i get vote in poll please and tell me what they all offer that make it the best. Thanks to all.

I see you have'nt mentioned the new Benelli M3. This is only available in FAC and is useable in either auto or pump action, and is the only auto to have this facility. I fancy one but would'nt spend that money on an FAC auto as the resale value on them is pretty poor, due to limited demand.

Comes as standard in 7+1 capacity and as I see you are in Norfolk, Churchills of Dereham have one on the shelf if you are interested in having a look at one. They come in at about 800 quid.

I have had the Super Black Eagle and although a superb handling gun they have a not so nice combined action/reciever design where the barrel forms part of the reciever.

yes I did wonder about the M3. The thing is i want the Comfortech system which the M3 does not offer which is a great shame. so far i see it in favor of the M2 rather than the SBE2 be nice if the people posted why lol. thanks for help so far keep voting i have a few weeks to make my mind up yet.

hum i have read a lot about them they say(benelli this is) the SBE2 is the thoroughbred the M2 is the workhorse and the Raffaello CrioComfort is the most exclusive and advanced semi-automatic on the market today.

Edited by InGen

If you have the FAC version, I don't think you will be able to shoot clays with it. I have the Supernova pump action which is a 6 shot. I can (legally) only use it for crop protection and it states on my certificate that it can only be used for this purpose. Technically, if I were to shoot a rabbit or fox with it, I would be breaking the law.

Edited by steve_b_wales

I was under the impression that you cannot use an FAC shotgun to take gamebirds or wildfowl anyway. So unless your rough shooting is only pigeons and rabbits it is a waste.

You will never get one for clays as most grounds will only allow 2 cartridges to be loaded at any time anyway.

I will look up the legislation.

I was under the impression that you cannot use an FAC shotgun to take gamebirds or wildfowl anyway. So unless your rough shooting is only pigeons and rabbits it is a waste.

Spot on Martin, however I believe a plug can be used if you were to go `fowling/walking up gamebirds.

Spot on Martin, however I believe a plug can be used if you were to go `fowling/walking up gamebirds.

Trouble is Henry that adding a plug does not, in law, change it to a non fac shotgun. Only applicable in the States. They are in practise only a vermin gun although if asked the police should condition them for clays as per HO guideance.

Thanks Vegeta, that's what I wanted to hear. I've been mulling over whether to buy a new Sect-1 semi (I got rid of my heavy old Remington 11-87). It'll be a Benelli M2 Field that I'll be ordering then, as most of what I shoot is 32/36g loads for pigeon and rabbit.

Edited by Baldrick

Supersport is a great gun.

So far I've only used it for sporting clays.

Experienced regular jams first time used, but after cleaning, have not experienced a single jam when using 28gm loads.

24gm loads will not cycle reliably. have been told that the action will loosen with time & cycle 24gm loads.

have put 150 rounds through it in under an hour with only slight reddening to my shoulder, so not worried about kick at all. put - i think - about 100 rounds through wearing only a t-shirt and again only very light bruising to shoulder - not sore at all and certainly nothing to worry about.

apparently the crio comfort is virtually identical except for the carbon-fibre on the supersport. It has the same crio barrel, though i think maybe not extended (though still crio) chokes.

had instruction from Roger Hill and he commented that it throws good patterns - the clays were virtually dissintegrating.

great gun.