What do you do if you find illegal snaring?

dustyfox

I just took my dog out along the fence line between a public playing field and a woodland. There has recently been a boom in the rabbit population and it hasnt gone unnoticed. As usaul their are holes in the fence where the rabbits go through, and when I was walking along the fence I have noticed some snares have been put out.

What do I do? Do I remove them myself or call the council who owns the playing field? or the brewery who owns the woodland?

Or anything else?

DF

But recently the police have been involved about people killing deer and I have seen young lads with lurchers going around there. And just last week the police came out with a helicoptor to catch people with airguns that wasnt supposed to be there, they was even going to call out armed response unit but they said they will be long gone before they get here. Its plainly obvious their illegal. Are well as you said I better leave them alone.

thanks

DF

walk round before they do, take the rabbits re set the snares they will soon get fed up with not catching, if its legal different matter (as cranfied said)

don't do this whatever you do, if they're illegal and someone spots you it will look rather like you set them

walk round before they do, take the rabbits re set the snares they will soon get fed up with not catching, if its legal different matter (as cranfied said)

don't do this whatever you do, if they're illegal and someone spots you it will look rather like you set them

:good: yup, and even the ones who set these may become a witness against you

Now look you last two posters, kindly for the sake of the rest of us try not to post after each other.

I for one cannot take the mesmorising effect of being tantalised, hypnotised and whatever else ends with ...ised :good:

Tis alltoge :good: ther toooo much.

:good: D2D

I just took my dog out along the fence line between a public playing field and a woodland. There has recently been a boom in the rabbit population and it hasnt gone unnoticed. As usaul their are holes in the fence where the rabbits go through, and when I was walking along the fence I have noticed some snares have been put out.

What do I do? Do I remove them myself or call the council who owns the playing field? or the brewery who owns the woodland?

Or anything else?

DF

as they are likely to kill anything such as cats etc i would have no hesitation in cutting them but that’s just my view,

i understand snares have a place as a last resort (again my view) but this is best done by people who know what they are doing, visit the snare run often to avoid suffering for any longer than is necessary,

by virtue of the site (public area) it sounds like irresponsible people to me, and whilst its not for me I understand the need from time to time but this sounds like playing into the wrong hands big time

Leave well alone ,maybe the brewery got somebody in to control the rabbits and they set the snares not to clever in my books as you have spotted them when there empty .Everybody and there dog will see them if they catch a rabbit then you can bet some do gooder will phone the police who will get the R.S.P.C.A. involved they shopuld never have been set so close to a public area

Leave well alone ,maybe the brewery got somebody in to control the rabbits and they set the snares not to clever in my books as you have spotted them when there empty .Everybody and there dog will see them if they catch a rabbit then you can bet some do gooder will phone the police who will get the R.S.P.C.A. involved they shopuld never have been set so close to a public area

But I think there is no need to control the rabbits as the woodland is just full of willow and before it was a woodland it used to be a tip and their is rumours around that arsenic (spelling) was used I dont know what this is but I know its a poisen.

And yes I have left them alone but keeping an eye on them. So no need to repeat whats been said before please.

DF

Edited by dustyfox

I can't see what the fuss is all about here.

Landowners have a duty to clear rabbit and as it's in or near a public place they are doing it without shooting, ferreting or poisoning them while the easily horrified public looks on. It would seem someone has been engaged to do the job in the wee small hours when no-one will see the despatching take place.

Now tell us all about the police wellicoppers chasing the air rifle desperado's, Dusty - that should make a good read :blush:

Edited by Dave-G

But if the landowner had somebody in to control the rabbits and snaring was the prefered methord setting them 10 or 20 yards back on the runs out the way would be the way i'd have set them .Now they have been spotted somebody will steal them and that will maybe teach the fool that set them next to a public area :blush:

nothing worse when someone has a go at you for setting snares eh bob