franchi semi auto recycling problems

rkidcj

rkidcj

as berthaboo said try some different carts,as for some reason not all suit.

If it's happening with carts that you have been using for a while and not had a problem with before then it could be were you store the carts.ie i was storing some in my shed & found when it got real cold,the carts must have swollen & were getting jamed or not recycling.put a new box through the gun that i had indoors no probs at all & they were the same carts.

Hope you solve the problem as theres nothing more frustrating.

cheers turk101 mem

Rkidcj

I have two semi autos, Browning Auto 5 (spring) and Beretta 301A (gas ).

I have had this problem with both of them.

They don,t like light loads, 32grm and over and I have no problem.

Also they don,t like too much oil, put on the oil then wipe the lot off again (virtualy dry) This should do the trick ??? .

Another thing on the gas guns, make sure the gas ports in the barrel are cleaned all the time ( use a pipe cleaner)

Hope this helps :huh:

Regards

TUC.

Thanks for all the replys, :huh:

After listening to all your answers I will start by stripping the gun down removing all the grease and oil and starting afresh with a lightly oiled gun. This gun should cycle cartridges lower than 32 gram but I will have some available to try as this makes sense as the more gas the better the recycling. After all this work I hope we are all appreciated as this is not even my gun, I will make sure he buys you all a beer if we meet at a country fair.

thanks again Chris

Rifleman,

Thats a load of tosh!!!

Many elderly shooters or disabled shooters find that shooting semi-auto is easier because of reduced recoil. I can't see them being banned at all.

Anyhow, it won't be Labour that will try to ban them. They will be on their way out at the next election.

I go to a local club and and there are quite a lot of different guns and autos I havent heard of yours , but I can tell you what I know I have a browning silver stalker and that chuffs them out, even the quick burn 24 grams. when I started I had a 1/4 choke in and was throwing them out 4 to 6 feet, then I tryed a teague extened 1/2 and then the 3/4, due to the squezze affect it was chuffing them out over 12 feet. I was hitting people around the head with the shells. there were people with breettas where they were only dribbling out , they were using slow burn 28 s I have always used a shell that thumps you in and o/u . ie hull storm extra volocity 28gram , D,Js is another the thumpers are the way to go, you dont feel them in a semi. I dont see them banning the semi . But then again who knows what Blair will ban next to get an extra vote . :/