Eating Quarry

HeadShotHoncho

Have heard some stuff on the internet about eating quarry after lead pellets were used. This is probably absolute rubbish but i just wanted to check. Is it safe to eat and how do you make it safe to eat cos obviously you can't leave trace amounts in or the whole pellet

Thanks for all the help, HSH :good:

There are several lead shot, not pellets, rolling around in the "U" tube in my toilet, they didn`t stick in my throat, they didn`t stick in my gut, and they sure didn`t stick anywhere else.

Seriously, lead doesn`t dissolve quickly and therefore doesn`t get absorbed quickly.

Well I would of thought after handling thousands of pellets into a rifle I would absorb more lead than eating a piece of meat that only touched the lead for a split second.

Having lead in your guts might be a different matter though. I know that one of my old relatives used to work as a roofer back in the day that most didnt wear gloves, and he suffered lead poisoning.

I would say just dont consume the lead and you'll be alright. Lead poisoning doesnt show up very quickly, it accumalates in the bodies blood and can cause pain in joints as well.

• 2 weeks later...
There are several lead shot, not pellets, rolling around in the "U" tube in my toilet, they didn`t stick in my throat, they didn`t stick in my gut, and they sure didn`t stick anywhere else.

Seriously, lead doesn`t dissolve quickly and therefore doesn`t get absorbed quickly.

:good::lol::good::D:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The logun penetrator i took out of a rabbit the other week hadnt even changed shape in the slightest!

I cleaned it then put it back in my pellet pouch.

chris

now thats really taking the wee wee :good:

The logun penetrator i took out of a rabbit the other week hadnt even changed shape in the slightest!

I cleaned it then put it back in my pellet pouch.

chris

now thats really taking the wee wee :good:

I swear! it was not damaged in the slightest! Scouts honour

Edited by glamour

Be very careful if you **** you might pepper the cat! :good:

You shouldnt pay any attention to vegatarian anti field sports propogander . I have proberbly eaten several ounces of le ad shot over the years with out any ill affect at all . Mind you i do glow in the dark and have a green tinge to my skin and my ears have grown long like rabbits ears . Its a load of old tosh . If you look in the meat chillers in the super markets when game is in season ,you will see a caution on the product saying ,this product may contain lead shot . Just be aware of it and dont worry . Harnser .

I think that steel will cause you more harm than lead, I've broken two teeth on steel already! That never happened with lead.

Bob leave them out its the only answer :good:

It's not easy masticating an old greylag with just your gums! :good:

Phew for a moment I thought you said masticating an old gay lag :lol:

I think that steel will cause you more harm than lead, I've broken two teeth on steel already! That never happened with lead.

It's not easy masticating an old greylag with just your gums! :lol:

I thought that was the only way to masticate .

It's not easy masticating an old greylag with just your gums! :good:

Phew for a moment I thought you said masticating an old gay lag :lol:

What do you take me for? A member of the Essex Mafia? Anyway they wouldn't let me join as I refused to do the initiation ceremony, as I needed to ride me bike later that day.