Work experience

Hi,

I have my year 10 work experience next week and I am working on a local estate with the gamekeepers. I cannot wait! :thumbs:

Although I have to go back into school on Wednesday morning to fail a French exam it is looking like it will be a good week. :hmm: I went for an interview there during the Easter holidays and the gamekeeper and underkeeper seem like very nice chaps. :hmm:

Has anyone else on here done much work experience on a shoot or similar? And what sort of stuff did you get up to?

FM :oops:

My son has just done a week with gamekeepers on a local shoot, he spent the week mending walls, setting traps, mending release pens,shooting crows(dont tell the health and safety police) and on the last day they went to another estate for a clay shoot.

He came home Knackered every night but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hope you have as good a time. :thumbs: :hmm:

Thanks guys. :hmm: I fully intend to work my butt off all week being outside doing something I enjoy rather than stuck in school. I consider myself pretty lucky to get it even though it's only for 4 1/2 days. :hmm: Some of my friends have had 10 of their choices rejected. One of them as recently as last week fell through. :oops:

George, I'm pretty sure they do buy some birds in but when I went for my interview rearing sheds with gas powered heaters were mentioned so I guess if they buy them in they aren't that old. :thumbs:

FM :sly:

Edited by Ferret Master

Well I'm really enjoying it so far! :hmm:

Got a French exam tomorrow morning. :hmm: But am going to work at 2pm. :hmm:

FM :hmm:

French - hated it at school and was useless at it. Having not spoken a word of it since i was 15 i went to Paris at 30.... didn't know much but what i did remember made one hell of a difference and being in France it seemed natural to at least give it a go. Point of the story is (sorry, I've been at the wine tonight), don't worry about the exam results and don't write anything off as a waste of time, you never know when you'll use the knowledge.

Hope you have a great work experience, sounds superb.

WGD

i spent most of my school life doing work experience on various estates because i hated school and felt my vocation lay in game keeping.

i am know 28 and i'm still good friends with all of them and through them if made loads more. it's a good time enjoy it!!!

keep your head screwed on and you won't go far wrong matey you sound keen enough so i think you'll be good

well done :yes::)