CHEAP DIESEL

radio1ham

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And next year the government are wanting to put an extra tax charge on cars that are made before 2006. Now for somebody on a low income and has probably got a second hand car I think that is kind of unfair.

What next will they charge people for?

Df

Edited by dustyfox

well it now 130.9 at my local garage now WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOP !!!!!!

i think it may be time for another national fuel strike to make the goverment listen to us they have lossed millions of pounds and the only way they can get it back is to rip off their own people to pay for their mistakes like the northern rock which is still in the poop and other things they have wasted money on

its the only thing that goes up but never comes back down again !!!!!!

Edited by radio1ham

Non road fuels ( kero / central heating fuel / red ) are chemically marked and will show up on a road side dip :rolleyes:

anyone here actually been dipped though? If you stay away from farmers markets the odds are pretty low in a non commercial vehicle. I run a courier company and have done for 8 years I've not been dipped or had any of my drivers dipped in that time.

Non road fuels ( kero / central heating fuel / red ) are chemically marked and will show up on a road side dip :rolleyes:

anyone here actually been dipped though? If you stay away from farmers markets the odds are pretty low in a non commercial vehicle. I run a courier company and have done for 8 years I've not been dipped or had any of my drivers dipped in that time.

yeh but would you like the chance of lossing your car van truck etc im pretty sure most of us would not like to loose our cars vans trucks etc

so is it worth the risk , i guess more and more people will be moving over to the cheaper diesel (red) but i think customs will be aware of this and will be dipping more tanks as time goes on with the ever increasing fuel prices

so best be safe than sorry

This country, this govt are forcing us honest decent folk to become more and more dishonest every week.I for one considererd mysely to be a very honest decent hardworking bloke but oh ! not any more.Im a builder and now all my jobs are cash only my vans run on red diesel,I dont pay vat anymore,I try not give this corrupt, two faced, war starting, soldier killing, illegal asylum loving, kiddie fiddling, bunch of tossers anything and if were going to start something I will be the first to smash down the govt doors.

This country, this govt are forcing us honest decent folk to become more and more dishonest every week.I for one considererd mysely to be a very honest decent hardworking bloke but oh ! not any more.Im a builder and now all my jobs are cash only my vans run on red diesel,I dont pay vat anymore,I try not give this corrupt, two faced, war starting, soldier killing, illegal asylum loving, kiddie fiddling, bunch of tossers anything and if were going to start something I will be the first to smash down the govt doors.

Nice first post, this is more like it Im with you on this, tell this government that we dont want to be ignored make em listen

And Welcome

Yes the government could be doing more to help and will be seen to do so ,as they will be on a hiding to nothing otherwise. However, as critical as I am of them , you simply cannot blame them for the actions of OPEC in refusing to increase their production of oil. This would immediately have a effect on the world price. They also tried this in the early 70's and it nearly came to hostilities between the West and the Arab nations! Also unscrupulous Stock Market traders are buying up huge amounts of oil and artificially inflating the price! This is a far more complex issue than it first appears. The western nations have to put extreme pressure on the oil producing countries to allow more oil production and penalise these carpet bagging traders who are making peoples lives a misery.

hi all just started on this computer thingy! Can see myself avin some good banter on here,I dont want to come across all revolutionary or owt but is it too much to ask this govt to look after its own house first! Ijust want to do a decent days work av a decent wage,not worry bout mi lad gettin stabbed,mi daughter gettin molested mi house gettin trashed or robbed.I dont want wait in a dirty hospital corridor for twenty odd hours,when im ill why they try an find me a bed ,which in all probabilty is taken up by some non speaking non tax paying illegal.Iwant to be able to fly me countrys flag bout some jobsworth saying i might offend some other "visitor.I want to be looked after when im old with some respect by those whos wages have been payed for by my long working life and not wasted on some foreign war,dodgy banking outfit or corrupt govt .For gods sake lets get our country back in order.And as for the price of diesel well! i think we should find the dearest litre an pour it down Browns gullet and choke the b.......d! nuff said ive just bit mi lip.

well ways things are going looks like we will all be using horses and carts and push bikes and no doubt the goverment will find a way to tax that aswell so can we ever win i wonder :good::good:

will fuel prices ever go back down

even tho its now legal to run cars on veg oil even that has more than doubled in price so either way they got us by short and curlys

Edited by radio1ham

this is a copy of a mail i received today on the petrolprices subject

Petrol prices >>>>>>.

-------Original Message-------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting £123.9 a litre for petrol in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £2.00 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and

pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it...

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso

:yes::hmm::hmm: