Have your say on fuel prices

dustyfox

Do you really believe that whatever party comes to power next, it will make a difference to you or me? If you get 10p off of income tax, it will go onto something else that will bring an equal return.

I don't pretend to understand politics, but simple logic says that the government has to find a specific amount of money every year, and it has to come from the tax-payer.

Add to the equation that all politicians are in power to solely to line their own pockets, and where does that leave us? Yep, footing the bill.

Do you really believe that whatever party comes to power next, it will make a difference to you or me? If you get 10p off of income tax, it will go onto something else that will bring an equal return.

About sums it up, we are on a no-winner here folks, and our rage wont change a thing. The economy is a business like any other and there are some serious bills to foot.

I'll have my say on fuel prices and it is that we are all ****** on that front. The money will come from somewhere, whoever is in charge.

ZB

no matter what we say or do lads the price ain`t going to come down , two years ago i bought myself a discovory 4ltr v8 automatic petrol all donations welcome

I too had one of these until last year, it had to go in the end. It was beginning to be a struggle to run it and I was also thinking of changing my job which would mean a pay cut to be nearer home, so off it went.

On Saturday Mr Jonsey and I drove up to Chester for a family Christening and we passed a petrol station and Unleaded was £109 a litre and we both chirruped, Oh that's cheap. :yp: Then we laughed at how stupid that sounded. Just driving home to our folks costs quite a lot of money.

Shooting at the weekend there probably isn't much change from £100 once you've factored in fuel and some food, the cartridges, the cost of the competition and maybe a couple of goes on the pool shoot. I certainly won't be doing the same amount of shooting this year as last.

The Fuel cost is far more of a problem than the cost of lead in my opinion and I'm sure we'll see a large drop in numbers around the curcuit as costs increase.

I've had a couple of friends convert to LPG recently which I suppose is the way forward.

My Brother works for Exxon Mobile at Fawley, he told me they sell benzine (Petrolium spirit ) for 26p a litre and Diesel for less, and they blame the petrol companies for profiteering :yp:

Crude oil extracted is subject to a government tax levy as is all crude landed from tankers, its then " Cracked " or broken down into petrol lube, and a host of other products, most of which are subject to there own tax.

We pay a huge tax on any fuel used in a motor vehicle, and what really winds me up is we pay VAT on the bloomin tax :good: We now have the dearest motor fuel in the world, a few years ago before the North sea fields dried up we produced 86% of our own crude. We are a joke :good:

They are now going to up road rent by over a hundred percent by 2010, I hate them.

The most frightening thing about this is that it is a viscious cycle. The more prices go up the more people will get out of their cars. the only problem with this is that the fuel companies and our eco-fascist government have to continue to make the same or more revenues from it year on year. So less people buying it will have to pay more for what they need. 1/2 the amount sold double the cost.

The bggest shame is that a political party that didnt have it head up it on **** so far and said we will reduce fuel duty etc wouldnt make much difference as the retailers would swallow up that xx many pence per litre in a week or so.

fuel retilers will contunie to push the cost of fuel up untill something happens. then and only then will it level off. It doesnt help the media quoting £1.50 or 2.00 per litre and nothing happening. Its like a green light to the retailers.

Do you not know of the goverment master plan?

They want to get cars off the road to reduce the carbon footprint. So they say???

The fact is many people nowadays commute long distances to work where as years ago the bonus about taking a job was so you were able to walk or cycle.

They also want bikes off the road too, but that is due to the accident rate- so they say???

The only way you will sort the problem out is a General strike. Extreme you may ask? No I don't think so its about time goverments listen to people and we start to vote with our feet.

Not just pockets of resistance from lorry drivers blocking the odd motorway. It wants the entire country to unite and drive the goverment back to the negotiating table.

It worked in 1926 so it would work now.

However we would be silly if we would think we will get away with paying any less. If they dropped the price of fuel then it would go elsewhere would'nt it?

The set up of organized nations is no different to running a business is it? You got to balance the books at the end of the day.

As we have said before on here many,many times if you was able to cut down on the squandering of millions on a very outdated social system there would be gap in the book to cut costs to the individual.

Its the old saying fells's, all this lot has to be paid for... And what better to do it from a captive audience which are a such a tempting target?

You will never do anything about all this carry on unless the masses act, but as far as I am concerned the goverment's of the uk (left or right wing for that matter) Never have thought the people are qualified to have an opinion.

Do as I tell you to do and not as I do - As the saying goes so to speak :good::hmm::hmm::lol: