Temps win the right to equal pay and perks

Bagsy

The government have agreed a new deal with the EU which will entitle agency staff to the same pay and perks as permanent staff after just 12 weeks.

I don't like the look of this.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/textbased/news/...nent-staff.html

why just dont you sack the lot of them.... that seems to be the way things are going on this site.

shaun

why shouldnt they get the same pay at least if they are doing the same job or is it the fact you like ripping workers off....

So, how many temps do you use then ??

We have about 250 with the number fluctuating according to need.

why just dont you sack the lot of them.... that seems to be the way things are going on this site.

shaun

why shouldnt they get the same pay at least if they are doing the same job or is it the fact you like ripping workers off....

Will be worrying times I reckon. Some will cut down on the agency staff they use (which seems to be the main concern) but what's to say some won't cut down on permanent staff and the additional overheads they incur and utilise more agency staff?

So, how many temps do you use then ??

We have about 250 with the number fluctuating according to need.

shaun

Will be worrying times I reckon. Some will cut down on the agency staff they use (which seems to be the main concern) but what's to say some won't cut down on permanent staff and the additional overheads they incur and utilise more agency staff?

In the Engineering industry 80% of those employed are either agency or limited company. Far better renumeration and tax benefits than on the books.

Obviously some will dictate benefits of holidays and job security but in reality that no longer exists with-in the uk workforce.

Regards starlight32

There are benefits to be had of employing temps though.....

I have just recruited a new cabin girl to basically make the tea and keep the blokes company on nights.

I found someone who was willing to provide additional services for the same money so I just let the other one go.

No notice, no redundancy just off you go.....

Don't make me a bad employer though does it?

Kind of revolves around workforces and employers then...... either you have a workforce that wants to have a "job for life" or it is transient, but it tends to be somewhere in the middle, either the employee is wanting to better themselves or the employer wants to have a transient workforce so they don`t pay sick pay or on a bigger scale pensions.

I`d never want to be in that position as an employer, choosing between my profits and someones choice of career.

I have just recruited a new cabin girl to basically make the tea and keep the blokes company on nights.

I found someone who was willing to provide additional services for the same money so I just let the other one go.

additional services? oh dear either badly worded or worryingly intentional?

if the first girl was a decent timekeeper, did that which you initially wanted, and maybe she needed the money then no it dont make you a bad employer it makes you a james hunt?

cheers KW

additional services? oh dear either badly worded or worryingly intentional?

if the first girl was a decent timekeeper, did that which you initially wanted, and maybe she needed the money then no it dont make you a bad employer it makes you a james hunt?

cheers KW

I shall allow the PW minds to wander and sumise the real truth

When i started my job i was a temp

I work their as a temp for two years . Then i was offered the job in the other department and became permanent.

I am now being made redundant on the 31st of august.

I would have missed out on redunancy by three days.

I must admit i was a bit gutted when i found out about this as in all i had been their for about four years.

Lot longer then some of the staff who were getting redundancy.

It was not so much the money side of it . As it would not have been alot.

It was the feeling that you were not important enough to count.

Anyway thought no more about it and just got on with the job.

Thursday as i was knocking off i went into my office.

And there sitting on the desk was a letter telling me that they are going to honour my redunancy. :good:

Like i said it is not alot . And hopefully i will have a new job soon so wont need it .But its the thought that counts.

xxxxsuzy

unfortunatly when i told sweepy . His reply was o good that will pay for my wildfowling fees :lol:

I've often wondered how the plethora of temp staff agencies concentrated in one small part of town manage to get so much work - and why so few unskilled vacancies appear in the local papers. I can well imagine how some firms like the flexibility of this arrangement.

I'm about done with my meagre profits from cab driving now few people have the spare cash to spend on a night out and have looked long and hard for unskilled work that an ageing asthmatic with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease could manage.

This might mean more firms advertising their vacancies again - which would work for me at least. :good: