new from Surrey

HI all, great site. used it much in the past as a guest for info and recommendations.

i love most country sports and am pretty keen on the clays, which i try to do once a week with my tried & trusted Beretta A303 semi. cannot fault it (except when using Hull cartridges....)

been shooting since my first .410 when i was 12, but now concentrate more on target shooting as game and permissions are hard to come by where i live.

Recently I have got into much more shooting from bp pistol, to gallery rifles and some long range work with .223 and 7.62. My scores are not bad, but need to improve, so i try and get to the range twice a week. Job, relationship, family all suffers, but hey nevermind, it keeps me and my dog happy and i get to make a *bang* and put a hole in a target, so who cares ....(joke!)

apart from pulling triggers i run a web, print & marketing business, training dogs in my spare (?) time. At the moment I have the only Staffie in the UK whos (almost) a gun dog. yes, its true, the ONLY soft mouthed Staff in the UK! ha ha. Everyone told me it wasnt possible with a Staffie, but a bit of love and LOTS of liver sausage and i now have a staff that will bring back the goods, without chewing it....

im a qualified RAF marksman and full NRA member and can often be found at bisley, so feel free to say hello if you also shoot there, im always looking for buddies to have a coffee with as i actually dont know many people there.

im looking for a new rifle and would welcome comments on our views on some .223's ( rem mod 7???) but will post in the appropriate forums. Also, i spent all day yesterday with the GSG5, a civillian H&K MP5, chambered for 22LR and a good ol winchester .357Mag just to make a big hole. WOW...is all i can say in the GSG5. Anyone else interested in this rifle? i have some comments about it and would welcome critique

hope to speak with you soon.

Carl

Hi and welcome

I plan to try and get to Bisley more this year as haven't really been for a practice on the clays since the beginning of the year.

Also interested in the rifles and might give it a go at some point. Once I manage to leave London and move to Godalming or similar it will be a lot easier to do on a regular basis. Will try and say hello when down there next.

By the way I'm not sure if important but I'd stick in your town name rather than your exact postcode as you never know who's watching. By the way I did consider buying a house on that road as quite handy for the station.