townies

kennym

HI I saw a post that asked "why dont people post"...

I thought well I dont really post unless I have some thing to say or I can help someone......... then I read a post which mentioned townies... Then I remembered seeing someone at this years pickering country show with a T-shirt on which read "do somthing usefull today kill a townie"

well the fact is i'm a townie, I was born in Swainby north yorkshire, but I was brought up in Middlesbrough I talk, dress, and look like a townie...... and what the hells wrong with that......I would venture to say one of the biggest problems in the world today is

INTOLERANCE

ITS WHY (or a big part why) we have race hate, religious wars and goths & other strange looking people killed on our streets just because they are different........

The fact is you can be a **** wether you are black white country or townie

in a sport like ours which suffers so much from intollerant people sticking their nose's in.... I thought we might have learnt that people have different outlooks, no one can say who's wrong or right,

So if you dissagree with me thats ok you can have a different opinion to me ... just dont attack me for having mine

OK thats my rant done with.....

I think you'll find that the Townie/Yokel thread was tongue-in-cheek.

There's no hostility on here between city gents and those sheep-********, web toed, straw-haired, inbred, carrot-crunching heathens from the boonies :):good::yes::yes::lol:

Edited by Chard

There's no hostility on here between city gents and those sheep-********, web toed, straw-haired, inbred, carrot-crunching heathens from the boonies :):good::yes::yes::lol:

Don't beat about the bush Chard, its SUFFOLK not the boonies, unless you meant to say Bungay.

I can feel a bit of Moderating coming on :)

P.

Take two aspirin and go and lay down quietly, it will pass.

:good::yes::yes:

Doctor Bob M.D. Dip B.A. Hons. Fellow of the Royal Testicular Society.

Are you a Gynacologist as well?

Edited by Chard

I can feel a bit of Moderating coming on :good:

P.

:yes::yes::lol:

Unfortunatly no, it's my dream job though. :)

I can feel a bit of Moderating coming on :yes:

P.

:yes::lol::lol:

Unfortunatly no, it's my dream job though. :good:

I bet it wears off though. Apparently you don't eat chocolate if you work in a chocolate factory :)

P.

:lol::lol::lol:

I bet it wears off though. Apparently you don't eat chocolate if you work in a chocolate factory :)

I think that your navigation is a few inches out, try your sat-nav. :yes:

P.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

P.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't think of an answer to that just yet, but I'm sure there is one :lol:

Don't beat about the bush Chard, its SUFFOLK not the boonies, unless you meant to say Bungay.

Thats right you tell them bob,

Tell ya now country boy and all.

Bungay is a very 'gay'' place, I could never find out where it originates from though.

Maybe it was 'Bumgay' and the victorians changed it when attitudes changed........

Cheez I can never fathom out where I live- Its just full of riddles.....

Essex must have come from 'Sex' though. The victorians must have changed that one too, Really the place you used to live was called 'Sex' and they changed it to save face.

I am a clever old soul are'nt I

Edited by starlight32

Thats right you tell them bob,

Tell ya now country boy and all.

Bungay is a very 'gay'' place, I could never find out where it originates from though.

Maybe it was 'Bumgay' and the victorians changed it when attitudes changed........

Cheez I can never fathom out where I live- Its just full of riddles.....

Essex must have come from 'Sex' though. The victorians must have changed that one too, Really the place you used to live was called 'Sex' and they changed it to save face.

I am a clever old soul are'nt I

Yep, got it in one, apart from the origin of Suffolk, comes from the Anglo Saxon Simple-Folk, or as it was later corrupted to, Stupid-Folk, and even later into Suffolk, and, in more modern times, Saaarfuk.

Bumgay is alright, apart from the one way system, once on it, you are there for life, there are old farts driving round on there who were teenagers when they first went drove onto it.

Surprised that you did not mention Sotterley, the sex capital of the county, drugs, wild parties, dogging, catting, sheeping, vicar's tea parties, it's all happening there.

I thought well I dont really post unless I have some thing to say or I can help someone......... then I read a post which mentioned townies... Then I remembered seeing someone at this years pickering country show with a T-shirt on which read "do somthing usefull today kill a townie"

well the fact is i'm a townie, I was born in Swainby north yorkshire, but I was brought up in Middlesbrough I talk, dress, and look like a townie...... and what the hells wrong with that......I would venture to say one of the biggest problems in the world today is

INTOLERANCE

ITS WHY (or a big part why) we have race hate, religious wars and goths & other strange looking people killed on our streets just because they are different........

in a sport like ours which suffers so much from intollerant people sticking their nose's in.... I thought we might have learnt that people have different outlooks, no one can say who's wrong or right,

So if you dissagree with me thats ok you can have a different opinion to me ... just dont attack me for having mine

townies

they think all meat comes from tree,s :):good:

welcome kennym to the mad house . Harnser .

Hmm, not after a new member for your pop group Shed-life, are you Harnser?

That reminds me, I had a letter from a friend who lives in the Shedland Isles, in a village called Asphalt on Pine, he's a shedpherd on a local farm. It's in the middle of nowhere, I asked him what he did about sex, he said "aboot sex ah have ma tea".

INTOLERANCE

townies

they think all meat comes from tree,s :lol::good:

following that view to its natural progression all country folk think TV's, car's, tractors etc.. are grown from seed?

Yes we have an intolerence of townies. But thats refering to 'chavs'. The smoking, drinking, swearing, aggressive, stealing, work shy, soap dodging chavs that roam the towns and streets (sometimes the country too!).

I have 100% zero tolerance for them. Just because they usually look like this, does not mean we have zero tolerence for usual towns folk. :lol:chavs.jpg

chav-48372.jpg

Now stop worrying about how you look and what we feel about it. Because to be honest, its not a big deal, lifes too short. :good: You sound like a reasonable chap and that all I care about..

Yes we have an intolerence of townies. But thats refering to 'chavs'. The smoking, drinking, swearing, aggressive, stealing, work shy, soap dodging chavs that roam the towns and streets (sometimes the country too!).

I have 100% zero tolerance for them. Just because they usually look like this, does not mean we have zero tolerence for usual towns folk. :lol:chavs.jpg

chav-48372.jpg

Now stop worrying about how you look and what we feel about it. Because to be honest, its not a big deal, lifes too short. :good: You sound like a reasonable chap and that all I care about..

Err can't realy argue wjth anything you say...... in my own way i said the same thing.....

I suppose somtimes we all judge people harshly because of the preconseptions we have,...... I know if i'm out shooting with my mate , (he worked at farmways and his family are farmers) if we bump into people & he says hello he gets a better responce than if I open my big townie gob....... such is life