Quad bikes

Stour-boy

AVOID kawasaki ones. We have had our club one go bang 3 times now with only 34 hours on it. :good:

We also have a honda foreman agri quad. 450cc and it works in all weathers and conditions, pulls a trailer with all the shotgun gear, clay thrower, sheep anything. It isn't the fastest out there and doesn't have the wheelie fun factor of the big V kwakers but it does everything we ask of it.

We have had in the past, 4 up on it and pulled a merc vito out of a muddy field with it. I know this as fact as it was my van that I managed to bog down. <_<

The only downside to it is that it seems to want to keep wearing the gear lever out once a year. £28 fo a new one and an 8mm bolt and it's as good as new again. :blink:

HONDA everytime. :lol:

I have an older kawasaki that when not in use has sat in my garden for up to 12 months with a tarpaulin thrown over it. Every time I find a use for it, the thing starts! I put aside a weekend to overhaul it and get it going but within 15 minutes it will be raring to go. It has taken some serious abuse over the years but apart from a cracked fender...(not adviseable to roll the things!) its as good as gold.

Don't be afraid to find yourself an older one as they do last well.

As for the fun factor...it will still leave my friends new tin-pot chinese import thing standing!....and it will tow him home after his has broken down!

Good luck with the search..

got a sym quadlander 250cc 4 stroke it seems very good for the money and its a very big bike comes in very handy and will do 53mph road reg aswell also automatic not had it stuck yet comes with 12v sockets towbar forward and reverse gears racks and halogen lights for the dark nights

The XUV does look very good but thats the base price, I was quoted £500 alone for a windscreen and 1grand for the tipping box :good:

Another alternative is the ecoquad which you could buy 2 of for the same as 1 XUV

Manufactures sitehttp://www.ecorider.com/template.php?page=3

Edited by EdwardtheloneShooter

Hi Guys. I want to find out about quad bikes which make/model is suitable for on/off road and carrying all the pigeon gear. Any help and suggestions from those who have would be apreciated. :good:

I have a chinese unbranded quad 200cc, £400 in nearly new condition, used daily to carry 100 litres (at once) of water and never missed a beat.

for 3 years

You can get a newish on road bike for less than £1000 that will do the job.

I could not justify 5k+ for carrying some pigeon gear.

Edited by markm

Hi Sparkie, This looks like its worth looking into been on to SYM web site and am impressed especially with the Honda connection.How long have you had yours and any probs ? Stour-boy :good:

sorry not responded quicker ive had it nearly a year its been faultless i still go out with the chaps that now own the other two bikes 1 of them uses his to commute to work everyday and has never had a problem and uses it round his farm and the other sits in a garage and only comes out on nice sunny days hes done 660ish kilometers moine has done aroud 1000k and never missed a beat and the chap who uses his for work has done around 3000kilometers hes never had a problem